If you're looking for an authentic Italian experience with all its quirkiness then look no further. We stayed for 7 nights and by the end felt like one of the family. A charming hotel matched by its charming owners who can't do enough for you. The building is stunning and immerses you in Italian history, the dining room in the evening, lit with candles is beautiful. Leopoldo, the door-dog, who greets you on arrival and shows you to reception definitely gets employee of the month!! You will find him absent many afternoons whilst his time is spent wooing the cat.
There is no time table here, everything is very relaxed. The rooms are all individual, large and comfortable, some on 2 or 3 levels.
The food, when Paolo is cooking, is incredible!! I will definitely go back!
Valerie Barnett, Dubai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near to Lake Maggiore, in the Medieval town of Azzate , the Hotel Locanda dei Mai Intees, formerly a 15th century private villa, is an exquisite and charming hideaway hotel. Beautifully restored with its combination of frescoes, antiques yet modern technology the Locanda boast 12 individually designed rooms and suites. A member of chef Alain Ducasse’s "Chateaux and Hotels Collection" , the hotel has a fine culture of cuisine in the Mai Intees Restaurant which serves regional dishes accompanied with a selection of super wines. Locanda dei Mai Intees is ideally situated with easy access to Lake Como, Milan, Lugano and nearby Milano Malpensa International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Locanda Dei Mai Intees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda Dei Mai Intees Varese
- Locanda Dei Mai Intees Italy/Azzate