An impressive hotel in the middle of this small town. It is a medieval style and different to all the other hotels.
We were welcomed by a small, cute dog wagging his tale. It is run by a family so feels extremely intimate. This is a 4 star hotel, but don't expect the same experience that you would get at a big hotel chain. It was a shame that it was quiet when we stayed but we were out of season.
The dinner was a highlight of the stay serving food of an extremely high quality in a fantastic setting.
We would recommend this hotel if you like your hotels with character and fine dining.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near to Lake Maggiore, in the Medieval town of Azzate , the Hotel Locanda dei Mai Intees, formerly a 15th century private villa, is an exquisite and charming hideaway hotel. Beautifully restored with its combination of frescoes, antiques yet modern technology the Locanda boast 12 individually designed rooms and suites. A member of chef Alain Ducasse’s "Chateaux and Hotels Collection" , the hotel has a fine culture of cuisine in the Mai Intees Restaurant which serves regional dishes accompanied with a selection of super wines. Locanda dei Mai Intees is ideally situated with easy access to Lake Como, Milan, Lugano and nearby Milano Malpensa International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Locanda Dei Mai Intees reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda Dei Mai Intees Varese
- Locanda Dei Mai Intees Italy/Azzate