We've been to this resort 7 times & each time had a lovely vacation. Once we ran into the students from Ontario, and it wasn't so good. We made sure to go back before the students on our other trips. Our last visit was the end of Feb 2012, for 2 weeks. We had a good time again. We stayed in the Diamond section. Yes, the rooms are aging, but what do you expect. Our first room was on the first floor, we had recommended a second floor. We had no trouble changing the next day. We had a slight problem with ants, but we had repellant & that took care of that problem.The room was cleaned daily.
The food was & has always been excellent. The buffets as well as the a la cartes.
The beach is abit rough looking, but understandable, on the ocean. The resort has really done alot to improve the erosion that was happening.
The service has always been excellent. If you treat people with respect, you'll get respect in return.
We have always enjoyed this resort & plan on going for our 8th time in Feb/Mar 2013, for another 2 weeks.
As for the distance from the airport, we enjoy seeing the countryside, and it was known from the first time of the distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court, Minigolf, Football Pitch... Water activity centre Motorised sports (additional charge) WiFi access in the lobby (1 hour free per day/device) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo Main restaurant and 3 specialty restaurants 4 bars Playa Grande Golf Course just 40 minutes from the hotel Convention / Meeting centre Pueblo Principe: shows, live music, bars, stores, karaoke, casino and disco Rooms 548 rooms including 2 types: Suite & Standard The Standard rooms are equipped with: King size bed or 2 full size beds Fully-equipped bathroom: Bathtub plus shower, wash basin, hair dryer and magnifying mirror Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ceiling fan Safe (additional charge) Mini-bar (Restocked daily) Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Flat screen TV Coffee set WiFi (additional charge) The Suite rooms have the same equipment as the Standard rooms but also include: Ironing set Sitting area with sofa Pool towel available in room Bathrobe and slippers Evening turn-down service International newspapers Terrace or balcony Children Bahia Scouts The hotel is perfect for families, offering a range of facilities tailored especially for children, including the following: Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities Evening Mini Disco Babysitting service for children aged up to 12 (additional charge) Other Services Medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Juan Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe San Juan Puerto Plata
- Bahia Principe Dominican Republic
- Bahia Principe San Juan Dominican Republic
- Dominican Republic Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe San Juan Resort
- Bahia Principe Sj
- Puerto Plata Bahia Principe
- Bahia Principe Resort San Juan