We just got back from our trip from the palace on Feb 11 2013. We had a 5 night all inclusive, with alcohol package... We also had a jacuzzi room with balcony! THE cocktails WERE SO CONSISTANT From everyone who made them they were amazing!!
Benefits!! : 1. The room was amazing, the size of a studio the balcony, incredibly beautiful. We did not use the jacuzzi much, it took forever to fill up. If you are looking for a balcony they might have a balcony without the jacuzzi which I think will cost less. Either way it was amazing and I don't regret anything about this trip.
2.Staff? NOthing TO SAY EXCEPT WONDERFULLY PERFECT! Need I say more? THey respect you and help you and make you feel like a queen. All the reviews about Javier & Felipe are true! They are simply devine people inside and out and they made our trip more than perfect!!
3. The hole surrondings are beautiful, there are peacocks that roam the facility and the cleaning services are so clean!! THe place looks absolutly amazing. Some hotels you go to you see a lot of dirt and grime but NOT this one! Spotless and beautiful.
Things to know..
1. They have complimentary laundry services. SOme people on our trip were sad they didn't know about it or they would have packed less. We knew and that was a really nice feature.
2.There are eating times... make sure to find out the times for breakfast,lunch and dinner.
3.This place is so intimate and relaxing! At night you can hear the geckos, frogs and waves crashing. So serene
4. THERE IS NO TV Or PHONE in your room. If you are looking to get away from all that back home then this is your place! This was wonderful for us and we were very happy having no distractions and focused on being husband and wife.
5.There is a private beach however there wasn't as much to do as I had hoped! With that in mind there is still probably about 10 things to do in this location. There are excursions who a guy named Felix sets up for you and he's just wonderful. You can book them through the hotel.We did a monkey tour much closer to puerta plata airport. Felipe took us there. The staff is more than happy to take you anywhere you want to go for a cheaper price than regular cabs!
6.FOOD... The food was pretty good. I was surprised. The first 3 nights though it seemed a little bland... then by the fourth day the food had more flavor and more exoctic things to try. Everyones tastes are very different so we still enjoyed the food and the time.
7. I WOULD GO BACK AGaIN IF WE GOT THE THE CHANCE!!!! i loved everything about this plaCE..
Suggestions? I think an awesome food menu would really help.. Meaning I loved the choices however it might be more enticing esp for americans to have one really spicy dish, something authentic maybe something THAI and then something bland. Test all taste buds for all different kinds of people.
Lastly because this is a romantic private relaxing resort. I think the best thing for the manager to do would be to put a printed out piece of paper on your bed so when you arrive to your room instead of getting overwelmed with the beauty of the place and trying to remember anything that this paper on your bed will say..... what's going on with the palace....like there's complimentary laundry, a local beach near by,tips can be paid at the end of the visit, that there is complimentary bug spray and sun tan lotions on main floor and certain times to eat. That way everyone would know what's going on exactly and not find out something on their last night. AND THEY ALSO HAVE A PRETTY AMAZING SPA that you must try... i got a reflexolgy massage and it was wonderful. I think that would be a great way to still keep the beauty of this place and be able to relax immediatly when you arrive!
I LOVE THIS PLACE IF I WERE TO RATE IT I WOULD RATE IT A 10 and I will definitly tell everyone I know about this place... IF you want romance, seclusion and relaxation this is the place for you. The couples whom stayed were lovely as well. Did not feel croweded at all!
IF you can brush up on your spanish it's always a plus if not that's okay too because you will find that felipe and Javier will work with you!
Lastly Bed was kind of uncomfortable however we just managed and STILL HAd a wonderful trip! DO NOT NOT GO HERE because of a bed! Some people might actually like it.
THIS PLACE IS A MUST SEE AND VISIT! I WOULDN"T SAY IT IF IT WASN"T TRUE
BEautiful Place !!
YOu will be sorry if you do not go!!!!
We hope to come back some day! Thanks to all and everyone at the PALACE!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Palace at Playa Grande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace At Playa Grande Hotel Rio San Juan