“lovely hotel must stay here” 5 of 5 stars

Aphrodite Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kalafati Beach, S/N, Kalafatis 84600, Greece   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Kalafatis
Wellington, New Zealand
“lovely hotel must stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

stayed at the beach resort with contiki and had such a great time. place was nice, pool, buffet breakfast. clean. cleaners came into rooms each day, internet at a charge on PC's unsure about wifi as i didnt have a laptop on my. we had a triple room - would say rooms are a little small to fit 3 beds in but really we were just there to crash at night as we had tours on during the day

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
T
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

this hotel claims to be a 4 star hotel. But it is more like a 2 star hotel :

No wifi in room.

Hotel charges extra money for the use of their computers.

no fresh bread for breakfast.
Everything is cold : pancakes, eggs, beans.
the only available fresh fruit is the cheapest fruit : watermelon.
The breakfast area is filled with loud disco music.

Our room fridge leaks water onto the floor.
The fridge door is loose : we had to push it closed in several places each time.

One evening we had no hot water. We called reception. They showed no sympathy. They said they would send a mechanic. After 30 minutes we called again. They said the mechanic had just arrived. After another 30 minutes we again had not heard anything. We tried the water : it was hot. They should have called the customer to inform about the solution.

We are a couple with one child, but we got a small room with 3 single beds that cannot be pushed together.

There is a gym, but the equipment is from 1980.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I always wanted to go at Mykonos. I wanted to go at a hotel that has rooms with minimal-style, yet classic, furniture; next to the beach. This hotel was exactly what I wanted. The staff was polite and very helpful, the service was overall excellent, the rooms were clean and had the correct amount of space to boost your mood and not to suffocate you. The only drawback that I can think of is that it was a bit pricey, but still, this hotel is not an exception. Actually the satisfaction/price rate was really high, comparing to all the other hotels that I saw when I was there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is something of a dual personality hotel, a minority of the time its a busy hotel with Australian backpackers drinking at the bar, most of the time its a quiet family hotel. As long as you have a room away from the pool with a great sea view you will not notice the backpackers. Rooms are clean and spacious. The food options are ok, the taverna is a beautiful spot, but nothing comes cheap in mykonos.

The staff were excellent, vrey helpful in organising trips.

The location is a great for a quiet trip, but you will need some transport for a see the island properly.

The best food location is the fishing village on the opposite of Kelafatis beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I traveled alone and I chose this hotel to spend time on the beach and try to relax for 5 days cause i have a lot of stress in my work.
The area was fantastic, the beach with very clear water – but cold for this season, and the tavern on the beach excellent! I had some beautiful walks around the hotel and by the beach, during the sunset.
The hotel had a very friendly staff, the girls at the reception very helpful and the small shop in the hotel had almost everything! I bought souvenirs for my friends at very reasonable price.
My room was fine, old but very clean, I wish they had room service but they did not, any way I had nice view to the pool and the sea. I had problems finding a taxi – but I used the public bus a couple of times (1,90 euro)and it was just fine. The bus does not go to the airport and you have to take a taxi or ask the hotel to arrange your transfer.
It was a very relaxing and pleasant experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you Want to enjoy your stay in myconos Forget this hôtel !!!
Poor service , rooms very very noisy!!! Very expensive for the service you have, breakfast horrible, starting only at 8 am no possibility to have a coffee before, the pool is nice but due to the wind impossible to swin....
Internet access is really poor even in the lobby.
If you Want ton rent a car they invite you to search on internet the only agency they are working with is very expensive and for the rest help yourself!
They are mentionning a 4 stars hôtel Forget it ! Only 2 stars should be better.
The only positive point thé restaurant outside The hotel " thalassa" very Nice good service Well placed and people are nice and helpfull.
So for thé hôtel Forget it really of you Want to enjoy your stay in myconos and of you don t Want your stay to become a nightmare

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The one day that I didn't lock up my suitcase I came back to find things of mine missing. I was sharing a room with one friend and the only other people who had access to our room were the maids. I took everything out of my case and phoned my family in England to double check I hadn't left the items at home but, as my instinct told me, I hadn't. I went down to reception to explain the situation and the male receptionist was extremely rude to me. I was so upset that my friend demanded that we see the manager. This lady listened to me, unlike the receptionist, but was not very compassionate and pretty unhelpful altogether. The staff took no responsibility and made me feel awful. I am so disappointed and this situation definitely tainted my holiday. I wouldn't recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Aphrodite Beach Resort? Share your experiences!