“Perfect location, excellent hotel, superb service and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ammos Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Agii Apostoli
Ammos Hotel
You added Ammos Hotel to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Irakli Avgoula, Agii Apostoli, Chania Town, Crete 73100, Greece   |
Announcement
Heated pool
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Agii Apostoli
Hurstpierpoint, United Kingdom
“Perfect location, excellent hotel, superb service and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We spent a lovely week at the hotel. The rooms are lovely, the staff are perfect and the location / beach is the best I have encountered. If you have children the of course he rooms next to the pool may be perfect. If you want a quieter stay then stay away from those. Whatever you choose you will not be disappointed. Thank you Nicos you gave us a week to remember.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

It was the first time I came to a Holiday with such high expectations and, in fact, the stay was even better than I expected.

What I liked most is that the hotel is small, friendly and beautiful and you feel at home the moment you arrive there.

The staff is great and friendly. The breakfast is amazing, and the owner, Nikos, is so nice and helpful (and has a very good taste in chairs :-) ). Actually, I have nothing new to add to the 400 previous excellent reviews that I have read in trip advisor. The hotel is just GREAT!

It was our first holiday with our 1 year old baby, and it was just perfect. Everything you need for your baby is already thought about: food, toys, bath and even a monitor so you can hear your baby while sitting in the balcony.

I'll just say that this is the kind of place that you feel lucky that you have found, and I will definitely return to that place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Ammos hotel is in a close tie for my favourite place that we stayed in Greece. We had two seaview rooms for our family of five. The location is perfect with the beach right there and an easy drive or cab ride into Chania. The food was fresh and interesting and the service was lovely.

If children bother you then this is maybe not the place for you but even though we were travelling with teens, the hotel took such good care of everyone that the young children around us were happy and pleasant to be around.

It would have been nice if dish washing supplies were included as we took advantage of the little kitchenette however we discovered that if we rinsed our dishes and left them housekeeping did the washing up which was nice too.

Comfortable beds, good food, great service, stunning location. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms were very nice and did actually have a view of the sea. I was glad we were on the up...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

What makes Ammos different from any other hotel I have stayed is the personal and warm service that just feels so friendly. The breakfast is suberb and the location on the beach is great. For any small boys and girls the turtle Bob is a great friend and my son spent most of his idle time between pool and meals with the little turtle. Sweet.

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I booked the hotel for 9 members of my family with ages ranging from 5 to 78 with such varying interests and personalities that I was certain someone would have at least one complaint....well there were none! in fact there was only praise from everyone.
Everything has been said in the other reviews:
1. Great service by Nikos and his dedicated, friendly staff
2. Spottless rooms
3. The breakfast was so good, my husband and I (who rented a house 45 minutes drive away) came all the way to have breakfast three times during our 11 day stay in Chania.
4. Dinner was so good that we would rate it as one of the top 10 restaurants to go to in Chania
5. The beach was clean, warm, sandy and shallow enough for kids
6. Water sports were not too far away
7. For those of you who want to go into town, it is a 5 minutes drive
In summary, perfect!

Room Tip: If you have young children I recommend the rooms close to the pool. If you want more quiet ask for t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Very rarely do I get home and write a review on Tripadvisor; however after my stay at Ammos last week, I really felt I should! We (my boyfriend and I) had such a great stay from start to finish and both felt that Nikos and his team had got everything just spot on.

I have never booked a hotel through direct email communication before; however communication was really good and it was great to meet Nikos in person and read more about the 'story' behind the hotel.

Within minutes of arriving we had friendly staff help us with our bags, the staff on reception were really helpful with getting into the centre of Chania (by car or bus) and gave us tips on where to eat, drink and shop- they were more than happy to take time to explain in detail.

We stayed in a sea view studio and definitely felt it was worth paying that little bit extra, as it was just amazing to open the doors straight out onto our little patio overlooking the pool and beach and watch the sun go down. The room was very well equipped, with lots of cool and thoughtful little touches (gave me some inspiration for my own home!). The fruit bowl was great and the fridge was really spacious which we found useful for water etc. Housekeeping was great- very quick and efficient.

We had both breakfast and evening meals in the hotel. We thought the food was really well priced. The only slight downside was that there was no hot breakfast options; however the breakfast buffet is still very extensive and kept us going all day!!

I've stayed in beachfront hotels both in Miami beach and Waikiki, Hawaii... Ammos beats them both! Have already recommended to all my friends and would definitely return if we visit to Crete again. A big thank you to Nikos and team!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Its always hard to remember to write a review when you've been pleased with your experience, but usually even when I'm composing my thoughts in my head there are always downsides, even if they don't impact on your enjoyment of a stay. But it took a while to occur to me that there is absolutely nothing I could say that Ammos could do better.
Walking in the views across the restaurant/bar are gorgeous and the welcome is warm and efficient but not excessive. The whole place is wonderfully styled but without being pretentious, and manages to feel hugely inviting and homely, in a kind of 'this is how I wish my home was' kind of way.
EVERY member of staff is friendly and polite and hardworking, right down to the cleaners who always smile and say good morning (and whose housekeeping is thorough but not obtrusive- thankfully no rearranging of all your toiletries just to prove they've been there, but floors and bathrooms left immaculate and beds beautifully and thoughtfully made). They cannot do enough to make your stay perfect but they seem to realise that for that to be the case they don't need to be constantly fawning over you. In any case pretty much every detail is already covered.
We travelled with our 1 year old son and it is extremely child friendly. There are pool toys available and a playroom with complimentary babysitting at certain times of day. Another bonus is most of the rooms are well within monitor range (or more appropriately comfortable running back range) of the restaurant. Certainly not much further than we would have to travel at home to get to his room which meant our moral dilemma of do we leave him or spend our nights sitting on the small balcony was solved without any quandry.
The beach and sea are just a stones throw with comfortable loungers and warm shallow waters to splash about in.
The food was fabulous and actually well priced which we didnt expect. Breakfast seemed a bit pricey but actually for what you get it's not bad at all- we've got one breakfast left and I already can't wait.
We would have no hesitation in coming back here. Its been a fabulous stay and Ammos do a really fantastic job- its a sadness that I can't think of a time I have ever experienced rivalling service. I hope they never get complacent with all these great reviews.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Ammos Hotel? Share your experiences!