“Good apartments in excellent area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Helios Apartments

You added Helios Apartments to your Saves list
Helios Apartments
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   S.Pantelaki, Agii Apostoli, Chania Town, Crete 73100, Greece   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Agii Apostoli
Horley, United Kingdom
“Good apartments in excellent area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just returned from a weeks stay in a studio apartment here in June 2014. Firstly I will include that this is my 3rd visit to Crete, including living and working here for three months and have visited many greek islands over the years, however this is the first stay in Western Crete. The service was extremely good, even before our arrival, I had a very bad experience with Expedia where they randomly cancelled my booking twice due to a system / technical error but as they never called back I in the end booked direct with Helios. We stayed in room 52 which is on the lower lever, i agree with a review here that even though they don't "look" a good location, they are indeed cool, to the point of we never had to even turn on our air con! The bathroom is modern with a good powerful shower. Only toiletries supplied is a bar of soap so bring your own. The studio was pretty large with twin beds (pushed together, normal for Greece!), a small kitchen with two hobs and a sofa. The TV did not work but to be honest we don't come on holiday to watch TV and the coffee machine stopped working but was replaced immediately when I spoke to them. The beds was unfornuately too hard for my liking and my only reason I would not go back due to my bad back! (good massage on the main road, but need to book!)
The location is truly excellent, with the beach being a 2 minute walk away and restaurant and a bar 3 -5 minute walking distance. Quickest way to the beach is turn left out of hotel to end of the road and then right, then walk through the restaurant Sorrento (may be spelt differently!) on the left. The sandy beach is not overly busy with shallow calm water. You can get the bus into Chania from the bus stop in the square (walk same way to the beach except don't turn into the restaurant carry on down). A tip they told us was to get the bus tickets from the supermarket near the bus stop as they are cheaper then getting them directly on the bus. Takes about 15 minuntes and goes every half an hour they told us (20 minutes we saw!) 1 euro 10 per person. There is car hire spaces all over and they are about the same price, 35 euros for a group A or B 40 euro for a C a day. We used the one on the main road, opposite the road where you turn down for the apartments and we had no problems. All in all good service, clean and near everything you need with out being in a "tourist area". Enjoy, we did!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Family run hotel. Excellent location close to supermarkets, restaurants and only a few min walk to one of the best beaches in the Chania area. Clean and beautiful hotel and really friendly and helpful staff. Easy to stay there with children. We needed to solve an issue and the hotel staff did that promptly and with a smile.

Could have been more tableware in the apartment, but the hotel would probably have provided more if we had asked.

Room Tip: The apartments on the first and second floor are the best.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vaasa, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I spent one week in this lovely hotel in September together with one of my friends. This was her first visit to Chania. It was good to be able to show her the best sides of the area. Helios is perfectly located for a tranquil vacation! The hotel itself is peaceful and the surroundings are quiet. No noisy traffic and not too crowded. We were especially happy over the big room: two ladies carry lots of things with them... The little kitchen had sufficient equipment to make a simple breakfast and lunch, the whole hotel was very nice and clean and the stuff friendly and welcoming. One minus was slightly hard beds, but this is a matter of taste, of course. We had a beautiful view over the nice swimming pool and the well kept garden from our balcony.
One of the best matters is that there are wonderful beaches close to the hotel and also that the local bus frequently passes near by. It´s easy to make trips to Chanias old harbour with its restaurants and shops. We could also find some places near the hotel where they played Greek music to listen to and to dance to, as well!
Chania is my favourite cities in Greece and I usually stay in the centre, but hotel Helios was an excellent choice for this vacation. Both my friend and I were very satisfied and wish to return some day!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Nahsholim, Hefa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Lovely lovely lovely place! Great location, about 10 minutes drive from Chania, and a short walk to the beach. Quiet, wonderful rooms, new, fresh Gardens around, Amazing swimming pool very well and beautiful, homely and great staff.
good Prices recommended hotel! For families, couples and friends. Great Place!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Teuva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Greetings from Finland. This was our third visit in Crete and again the holiday was succesfull. The Helios hotel: hotel areas, our room and swimming pools were very clean and nice. There was lot of beutiful flowers and trees. The hotel owners and staff was very helpfull and easy to contact. The beach (several), many tavernas and shops situaded close. It was very easy to buy ticket and went by localbus toHania town. We also rent a scooter and made several trips nearby. Hotel's atmosphere was very nice and the area aroud very peaceful. This hotel we could choose again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We traveled here in August with my fiance and we really liked the hotel and the staff. The rooms were very clean and the hotel has a cozy atmosphere. swimming pool water was clean and conveniently warm, the beach just a short walk away. For sure we will visit again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marathon, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We arrived early to the Helios Apartments,as the ferry arrived from Pireaus at 8:00 We were greeted with such kind warm hospitality, they offered us a coffee and asked me if I'd like a fresh Orange Juice. They explained as soon as the guests leave our room #55 (which was perfect) housekeeping would clean it and we could go right in.. Now about the room, we had called asking about it? she explained it's pool level (as the picture shows) it was the only room left for the time period we wanted to visit Crete. We said no problem. It was a BLESSING as this room was so quite and because of being ground level it was kept cool. The studio was a nice size, with a couch you could make into a bed. It was EXTREMELY clean and modern.It includes a small kitchenette and refrigerator. The Hotel offers a breakfast however there is a small charge of 6 Euro a day. We tried the breakfast one day it was lovely,fresh juice coffee,eggs(well one down fall it's one egg each so I gave mine to my husband) Bacon,croissants, rolls, cheese, cold cuts. The only thing missing was fresh fruit.
The grounds of the hotel are extremely beautiful with so many different kinds of flowers. I even saw two types of flowers they have in Hawaii. The pool is an infinity pool and they have children's pool. The hotel is situated about 10 mins by car (we brought our car) outside Hania. I noticed some guests did not rent or have a car, this is no problem as it's a resort area. There are alot of taverna's and a BLUE FLAGGED beach right down the road. We went to this beach one day. There is a charge for the beach lounge chairs (as with all beaches in Greece) we paid if I recall 6 euro for 2 lounge chairs. They had changing rooms and a shower you can rinse off. I had to use the bathroom and I have to say it was the cleanest public bathroom I'd ever seen. You have to ask for the key from the snack bar. Back to the hotel it's a family ran hotel and they told my husband they opened it in 2002 They have kept it so beautifully maintained from the gardens to the paint on the walls. It's clean, quite and just a perfect place to stay. I wish ALL hotels were like this one... One last thing because they are Studio apts house keeping cleans everyday (except Sunday) They change your towels every two days, however just ask if you need some clean ones. We did no problem... I'd definitely return and take the same room on our next visit to Crete..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Helios Apartments? Share your experiences!