“Paradise Found!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oceans Resort & Spa

You added Oceans Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Oceans Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   569 Charlton Esplanade, Urangan, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655, Australia (Formerly Peppers Pier Resort, Hervey Bay)   |
Special Deal
$10pp Toward Any Tour
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Urangan
Sydney, Australia
“Paradise Found!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was simply paradise! We thoroughly enjoyed a week long stay at Oceans Resort! Lovely hotel, great location, fantastic swimming pools and long bike rides on the beachside bike path/esplanade. Fish and chips every other day too.

The hotel is built in a curved shape so the rooms take in Hervey Bay. It is also right next to the iconic Harvey Bay/Urangan Pier.

The hotel has 2 swimming pools with a great kids pool including a beach with sand. It wasn't necessary for us to leave the hotel at all. The kids played in the pool all day.

Another pleasant surprise was the free wifi, movie channel and foxtel.

We also went to the local markets near the pier on Saturday - (1st and 3rd Sat of each month)

We hired bikes from the Blue Tandem Cafe (just around the corner from the hotel) instead of hiring a car.

The Ocean staff were attentive and thoughtful. They gave us great local insights - i can highly recommend a trip to Lady Elliot island.

We look forward to coming back again soon.

Room Tip: We stayed with the children this time - so the ground floor rooms that opened on to the pools were p...

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just rang to make a reservation by phone as i had received a quote by email and plus seen many available online. The receptionist answered saying, there is no available accommodation? so i said but i just received a quote and there is availability's online. Ohh she said ill just put you through to reservations? Someone needs to lose their job over this, i mean sending clients away is not a good thing. Think we will give this place a miss.

Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have been staying at Oceans on and off for business for the last 3 months and have found each apartment to be different in terms of cleanliness and comfort ... Overall my experience has been positive.

Whilst I did stay in an apartment with a bed that caused my back to seize up, another apartment with a constantly leaking laundry tap and every apartment I stayed in had a couch so stained that I had to put the spare blanket on it to sit down, the one constant has been the efficient, kind and professional service that I have received from reception staff each and every time. I predominantly interacted with Vicki on reception and she was fantastic; the maintenance staff were also prompt and polite and the security staff when I returned to the resort from a 20 hour working day gave me a much needed laugh. Thanks to you all!

The pool area is fantastic for families, the apartments are spacious, the spa bath tub was a lovely treat and I enjoyed many movies from the entertainment menu. Additionally the security in the lifts and the night security is reassuring as both a corporate traveller and a mum who has booked to return with my young family. Noise was minimal for a complex of this size and the view is spectacular.

Overall this an older resort making a big effort to modernise with changes in their cleaning arrangements/contracts, external paint facade and staffed by a great team. I have booked to return for a family holiday in 2 months time as I know the kids will love it, the atmosphere is relaxed and if my kids spill something on the couch, it will blend with the other stains!

Room Tip: The second bedroom of the 2 bedroom apartments backs on to the floor transit corridor. If you intend...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Quinns Rocks, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Loved our room, very spacious and great views, nice to be able to sit on the balcony and relax after a day of sightseeing. Bed was extremely comfortable. From looking around, it appeared to be the best hotel in Hervey Bay in our opinion so we could not have been more happy with our choice. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a Crap Hotel, change the name and it's still CRAP! The rooms are dirty and the bathrooms are disgusting, feels like you are in a hospital, except hospitals are nicer and cleaner!! Our room was covered in ants the entire time. The bed is the worst bed I have ever slept in, if you can even call what we slept on a bed; it was more like a thin piece of cardboard. We left this hellhole 2 days early, sadly our trip was nonrefundable, but I didn't care! We even paid $1,000 to change our flights to get out of this place!!! WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not even recommend this place to my worst enemy! You could not pay me to stay here, not even a million dollars!!!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel, that's my tip!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Thank you Oceans Resort & Spa for looking after my family when they came to visit. Not having been to your resort prior, I was decidedly nervous about gifting my family with a stay at your resort - but you did not disappoint!

From conversations on the phone and via email the team, both local and call centre, we're thorough, thoughtful and responsive - service I value.

The room provided was everything I requested - well appointed, beautifully laid out, spotless and clean and with a gorgeous view. The resort itself was beautiful - the pools, grounds and general facilities all well kept and inviting.

Thank you again for making this well deserved holiday for my family special.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here when it was called Peppers - it wasn't bad then.but is so much better now. Pool is great for kids and is across the road from the beach. A few nearby restaurants. Thank you to the very polite front desk staff who recommended Viva Italia for dinner. We loved it.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Oceans Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!