This is a block of appartments (some privately owned) opposite the esplanade at Urangan. We had a fully fitted kitchen with cupboard space, a large lounge area with tv and ipod dock, a laundry room with full wash/dry/iron facilities. From the lounge were large misted sliding doors to a good size bedroom and bathroom. There was internet connection for a charge. Also air conditioning and a ceiling fan in each room and a room safe. After about an hour we came across a second twin bedded room immediately inside of the front door which we had initially missed. We had a large balcony with table and chairs overlooking the pool and sea.
The hotel had a nice restaurant/bar and snack bar serving good food at reasonable prices and also had a coctail hour and was also very polular with locals. The snack bar was available for breakfasts.
The hotel had 2 good size swimming pools one of which was great for kids. It had a small sandy beach and a large sprinkler overhead. You needed your room card to get into and out of the pool area and back into the hotel which could do with being explained at reception as we stood at the glass doors for ages stepping forwards and backwards trying to get them to open! But at least it stops strangers wandering in and children falling into swimming pools.
The underground car park was free.
We found Hervey Bay to be nice but lacking any real centre but we used it as a base to chill and for travelling to Frazer Island which was wonderful. I would certainly recommend a stay here if you are in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Peppers Pier Resort, Hervey Bay Hotel
- Peppers Pier Resort, Hervey Bay Hotel Hervey Bay
- Peppers Pier Resort Hervey Bay
- Peppers Pier Resort, Hervey Bay Australia - Urangan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just as the Fraser Coast has been shaped by nature, Peppers Pier Resort takes its design cures from the form of ocean waves. The 132 self-contained one, two and three bedroom suites with private balconies offer uninterrupted views of the Great Sandy Strait and Fraser Island. And inside, natural materials - stone floors and timber furnishings - complement the natural beauty (alongside more modern necessities like your own plasma TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Peppers Pier Resort, Hervey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.