“WORST NIGHTMARE” 1 of 5 stars

Lot 686, Kg. Sum-Sum Hilir, Janda Baik, Bentong 28750, Malaysia   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Janda Baik
“WORST NIGHTMARE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

It was such a terrible experience that I have ever had. I booked a room which they so called a 'suite'...to be more specific it's LAVENDER SUITE. I was told during the booking that it's a 2 bedroom suite. As soon as I open the door, OMG there's only 1 space divided by 2cupboards as partition with 2 queen beds on each side!! Believe it or not it cost me RM773/nite for that stupid/silly room which they claimed to be a suite?! To make things worse, there's only 1 toilet and only 1 TV channel available which I could hardly see the picture.!! It was really a very very bad experience and I strongly do not recommend this resort as a place to stay in Janda Baik. True enough, do not get deceived by the website.!!

• Stayed February 2011
frequentflyerz, Manager at Seri Pengantin Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2011
Warm greetings from Seri Pengantin Resort, Janda Baik, Pahang.

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience.

We regret to note that your stay was less than satisfactory. All of your constructive comments have been shared with the team.

We understand your impression about the hotel has been marred but we sincerely hope you would give us an opportunity to make amends and let us welcome you back.

Once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and look forward to your next visit.

best wishes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Shah Alam, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Its a very secluded resort middle of jungle. Small stream of water running beside the resort (not recommended to take a bath there).. Such a soothing ambient..

The room was nice. Just nice overlooking the pond with small fishes which attracts the attention of my kids. The resort is so quite (probably because i come on weekdays). At night sometimes it feels scary.

There's no restaurant or breakfast provided so u need to plan carefully if you want to come. Make sure you have extra food or bread. Please do come early & have you dinner 1st if you plan to come late in the evening.

The good thing is in the morning the pool was only for ourselves. The other guess already enjoyed it quite late. I must say the place might be a great place for a group of people or family or company event. One thing for sure reception of phone here quite bad & no internet access in the room (even 3G)..

For nature lover or photographer this place probably a good place to fill you time.. I manage to get some great pictures over here..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Warm greetings from Seri Pengantin Resort, Janda Baik, Pahang.

We thank you very much for your support and it is indeed a delight to know that you had a wonderful experience.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you again whenever travel plans bring you back to Janda Baik, Pahang.

Take care and best wishes
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Is there any other hotel in this country that close for more than a month without notice and did not reply your email? Yes, that's SM.

We were shocked when we travelled all the way from KL to Janda Baik and found that the hotel was closed for more than one month without notice. Only handphone numbers hanged at the entrance asking visitors to contact the number! Gosh.

Minimum charges of RM200 per night with cold breakfast in your room the night before, do you still want to stay in such hotel?

Dont be deceived by the nice website.

If you want to do only local business for closing one month without notice, please dont put up foreign languages trying to lure foreign visitors. Imagine tourists traveling all the way from KLIA and found that your resort is closed with no notice.

Seeing the real thing is believing and shocking. But forgot to take any photo. Nothing fantastic.

Peter Smith

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Fabulicious, Manager at Seri Pengantin Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2009
Dear Ms. Peter Smith,

Good day to you.

Thank you for your concern and again thank you for taking the time to communicate to us.

We would like you to know that we are fully aware of the incovenience that you have encountered while trying to reach the resort. We were partly closed for a month due to give respect for the month of ramadhan (muslim fasting month) and fully resume for operation one week after the Hari Raya celebration.

As we are a small private boutique resort which depending on daily 'Check-Ins' for revenue throughout the year, the month of Ramadhan receive less reservation, therefore, during this period, we would only accept Check-ins and prepare the resort to receive guests who have made early confirmed reservation and at the same time would inform our other guests via telephone inquiry or in email for the partly closure.

However, in your case, we did not receive any email for any inquiry or reservation. Therefore, the resort was unaware & not fully prepared for your arrival. We were deeply regret that you have encountered such incovenience and would fully assure you as our future guest that this would not happen again to you or to others.

As per your claims of 'do not be deceived by the nice website' is quite weird because nobody would be able to enter & view the entire resort when the resort is closed as one would have to pass through the main gate and drive/walk a little further in to get to the main lobby/entrance. Perhaps these are the reasons that's you couldnt take any photo to prove your claim of 'seeing the real thing is believing & shocking'. We assure you that you would fall in love with the resort once you are able to be in the resort itself.

Lastly, we would like to thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. It’s our goal to retain you & others as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you in the future.

Thank you & best regards.
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2007

I went to this resort for a honeymoon with my hubby on one fine weekend on November 2006, since I'm local and I knew about the place but never got the chance to really go there. I just booked a standard room that cost me RM200. I was welcomed with a remark that there will be no breakfast for a standard room, well I just reserved my comment. I asked for a queen bed, but I ended up getting two singles beds . The room was small and the tv can only play cd, NO other channels since there's no connection to tv channel. Still, I want to spare some positive expectations, so I checked out the bathroom. Really nice! But when i open the tab, there's no hot water, just Luke warm water after full blast of temperature. As we all know, janda baik has a nice cold climate, so I didn't expect to bathe in cold water at night. To make the stay romantic, I have to use the cattle in the room to boiled water and filled up the bath tub; and the cattle need about 20 minutes to boil the water! So I need about an hour plus to filled up the bath tub with the water that I boiled (with some help from the luke warm shower). IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!! What I can conclude is that, if u want to go here, stay at the suite, if you just choose the silly standard room for RM200, u can get a much-much better deal at Berjaya Bukit Tinggi, Genting Highlands (many hotels) or Selesa Hillhomes at even lower prices. It was such a sad experience for our short honeymoon getaway.

• Liked — The landscape
  • Disliked — the stupid room
  • Tips/Secrets — stay only at the suite, other rooms are hell.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Warm greetings from Seri Pengantin Resort, Janda Baik, Pahang.

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience.

best wishes

Been to Seri Pengantin Resort? Share your experiences!