“A nightmare of a reservation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Gateway Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Gateway Inn to your Saves list
Gateway Inn
2.0 of 5 Lodge   |   800 Harvie Heights Rd, Harvie Heights, Alberta T1W 2W2, Canada   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“A nightmare of a reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2006

To any travellers planning to stay in Canmore, Alberta Please do not plan to stay at the Gateway Inn.
My family and I had a very bad expirence with the Gateway Inn. I had phoned the Gateway Inn in early March and spoke to the gentleman that takes the reservations. In this conversation a cabin was booked for 8 adults and 3 young children. My name, address, credit card info was taken and I was told I would receive a confirmation via email shortly thereafter.
A week passsed, I sent an email inquiring where our confirmation letter was. I in turn received a borderline sharp email informing me that no reservation is confirmed without a first night payment??
I then phoned and spoke to the gentleman again and re- confrimed all info, with relief that we had not lost our reservation. Now again expecting an email confirmation, I checked my email only to find the most unprofessional, rude email I have ever received.
When I did phone the Gateway Inn asking what was going on the lady who was the manager/owner hung up on me twice. My husband then phoned later and spoke to her. Bottom line the Gateway Inn saw no fault in the way we were treated, she was very rude and unprofessional and clearly uninterested that we had made this reservation 2 weeks prior. With a large group it is difficult to find accommidations. A mistake was obviously made by the gentleman taking our reservation, but this manager/owner treated my husband and I as though we had done something wrong.
All around very bad experience. Planning vacations
are stressful enough without dealing with a situation like this. I truely hope this report sheds a little light on what you may run into at the Gateway Inn, Canmore, Alberta.

Stayed March 2006
cizera, Manager at Gateway Inn, responded to this review, March 17, 2008
A new employee took this reservation accepting an American Express credit card, which is not accepted.
-Further, there was no notation of the number of people in this group.

When we wrote a follow-up E-mail to confirm the number of persons and obtain either a VISA or MasterCard and learned that the reservation was for 11 people, we immediately informed them by E-mail that the cabin was not available for the number of people in their group. That there was a misunderstanding as to their numbers - there were too many persons for this cabin and the reservation was not acceptable.

The woman phoned back repeatedly yelling about how we had ruined her life by not accepting the reservation for her family for this cabin, her parents and her sister’s family. There was nothing calm about her manner at all.
Rather than looking elsewhere, she seemed to think that yelling more would help her case.
(“Not proffessional at the Gateway Inn in Canmore, Alberta” )
I do not talk to people who yell at me on the phone and I told her I would hang up if she kept yelling, which I did. She telephone many times every day for days.
There was finally a normal conversation with her husband and he agreed.
Only a few days had passed since their first contact, they still had 4 months to find another more suitable accommodation.
Had these people not given the American Express card # it would likely have never come to our attention. They would have arrived and not been accommodated at the end of July.
The Gateway Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Red Lake, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2006

We had reservations booked at this Inn for 5 months in adavance for 11 people. Our Credit card number and personal info was given as we assumed everything was ready. We did not hear back from the Gateway Inn to make sure everything was confirmed. My sister sent an email making sure everything was all set(she was the one who booked the reservations). She recieved a very rude email stating that she did not give a deposit for the first night, but my sister had already given her Mastercard # and personal info. My sister then emailed her and told her she had given the gentleman who had took her call and she was under the assumption that the reason she was giving the man her M/C number was for the deposit. The lady then emailed my sister again in an extremely rude manner and said qoate "We cannot offer you accommodation as we DONOT have a unit to accommodate your size of group.
There has been a huge misunderstanding here - YOU DO NOT HAVE A RESERVATION HERE. Had you been straight forward as to the size of your group / this would have been made clear TO YOU from the start. Good Luck. The Gateway Inn" After reading this email my sister then tried phoning again and spoke to the same gentleman who then passed the phone saying "it's her". When the lady came on the phone she answered "ya?" and my sister was asking calmly and repestfully why she was recieving rude emails and all she wants to do is stay at this Inn. The lady then hung up on my sister and she tried to call again and the lady hung up again.
We do not know why they acted the way they did. My family does not at all reccomend staying at this Inn. They were rude and disrespectful and DO NOT know how to treat their customers or run a business. If you are travelling out West find somewhere other then THE GATEWAY INN which is located in CANMORE ALBERTA.

Travelers are raving about these Harvie Heights hotels

Been to Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!