“Great Location, terrible everything else......” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Café
Good for: Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout
Perth, Australia
“Great Location, terrible everything else......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

What a nice place to sit and enjoy a nice peaceful meal and or coffee.

That's the only good thing I could say about this place.

My partner and I went there to enjoy an early breakfast one Saturday morning. We walked away with quite a bitter taste in our mouths. First of all, the service was terrible. Never in my life have I experienced anything as bad as this. It starts with the male owner and filters down through the rest off the staff. To begin with, we had a slight misunderstanding with our coffee orders, mug/cup, cup/mug. We had one of each but we had thought we had asked for two cups. My god. The owner made quite a seen when none was needed. He grabbed them, swapped them around in a rude manner. My partner told him again we both had asked for cups, he then sighed loudly and then in probably his most unethusiastic voice told us he would make them again. We told him not to worry, it seemed like to much hard work for us to have two cups.

Patiently we sat for our breakfasts. They arrived. A big breakfast and a eggs florentine with ham. The big breakfast was ok, I didn't finish it. I'm also not sure about the week old toast. It seemed like reused toast from another uneaten breakfast. The eggs florentine, with ham....? The ham came out brown around the outside and slimey. We sent it back, they bought it back. All they did was cut the brown slimey meat away. They should have looked harder. There was brown slimey ham in the middle, under the eggs. We sent it back again and told the waitress that we would not eat that mess. She shrugged grabbed the plate and walked off. No sorry, no can I get you something else?

We decided we wouldn't pay for the coffees either, just the big breakfast. We approached the counter where the owners daughter served us. She was the nicest person there. She apologised for the meal and told us it had been removed from the bill. I mentioned to her that we were not paying for the coffee either, she told us to she had to check. Back came her dad/the owner. What a seen! Customer service is an unknown here. He started yelling at us, saying we drank the coffees so we were paying for them. We were telling him the breakfast was terrible and the coffee will be free. This went back and forth for a while with no real progression. We told him we had a photo of his brown slimey ham at which point he told us to leave (not so politely). My partner told him we were calling the health department and forwarding our photo. He didn't seem to bothered, he even challenged us to inform them. Regular visitors perhaps?

Avoid this place like the plague!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“A nice lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Took the nephew and niece for lunch. Lovely table overlooking the ocean and a window open for a nice bit of fresh air. Food simple but tasty - grilled chicken sandwiches and tuna and prawn fish cakes. I agree the acoustics can make it noisy but staff, service and food more than make up for that. A nice place away from the bustle of the rest of Hillarys.

• Visited August 2013
Beldon, Australia
“Great views but noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Very nice location, good reasonably priced food,service ok too, but it's noisy inside. Have been for brekky's & lunches & would recommend.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A little gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This is probably not relevant to many people but its worth a mention. Spinnakers offer a small selection of food on a Seniors menu, which is a brilliant idea and one I haven't seen elsewhere locally. This is one of the reasons I take my elderly Mum here, as often the size of serving on a main menu is too large for her to contemplate and eat. Plus the lovely staff are always welcoming and patient.
Sometimes it's a bit noisy, but good luck to them on building up their customer base!

• Visited July 2013
mandurah
“'late lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

It has been along time since we visited this place. Lovey site great views and parking. Very busy and although we were seated quickly and surprise had a seniors special price lunch. Forgot our drinks order with no compensation.Nice food, soggy batter on the fish small portion but pleasant. Good calamari, excellent pot of tea and coffee.

• Visited July 2013