We had a dimly lit courtyard room with good clean facilities. Continental brekkie was plentiful and quiet. Dinners were very nice & not overpriced. A good choice of KI wines again at a fair price. The availability of petrol was a bonus for sightseers using KIWR as a base. Comparatively expensive but the same in all of KI. Located in the west of the island away from civilisation it had excellent access to local sites. A very peaceful & relaxed stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated adjacent Flinders Chase National Park a unique mix of eco-friendly facilities, local food and wine and located in the middle of the forrest provide an unforgettable wilderness experience. The idyllic location provides the perfect base for discovering the splendor of Kangaroo Island's natural wonders before returning to the tranquillity of the retreat to enjoy comfortable accommodation in the company of friendly native animals and an amazing array of birdlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat Hotel Flinders Chase
- Hotel Kangaroo Island
- Wilderness Retreat Kangaroo Island
- Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat Flinders Chase