As a family from India on our first visit to Geneva to settle our daughter into an undergrad school in the city, we were pretty worked up on how we would manage a lot of things in the ten days we had at our disposal. But i must say, the moment we landed at wonderlandscape bnb, Marc took us under his wings and we felt totally in tune with the city. All because he was there to guide us. I highly recommend this place to all fellow travelers for reasons as under:
- the cherry suite is so artistically done, we were totally wowed. We loved the understated but very classy look and the large spacious room
- the location has two advantages. It is very close to the airport so easy to check into and out from at the lowest possible cost, and secondly, it has a bus stand just a hundred yards away. Buses connect one easily to all parts of Geneva. We found it pretty convenient, especially, when we were not too familiar with the public transportation systems of Europe.
- Marc has this habit of pampering his guests ... we felt so pampered. his garden is beautiful, his taste in art impeccable, his humility the most touching of all and his knowledge of various cultures adding to the charm of the place. We not only got to enjoy a good comfortable stay but made lifelong friends in Marc and Roger.
- We were especially touched by the amount of efforts Marc and Roger put in helping us settle our daughter ... we could have run in circles on certain issues, not knowing where to get help on a rainy afternoon. But Marc just hugged us and helped her get settled ... ensuring she reached her student residency in comfort. The city somehow seemed a familiar place through his involvement.
- the whole place is very charming with a beautiful garden that the two tend to lovingly. We picked many a herbs from his garden and cooked fun meals together ... mixing cuisines from east and west. Felt like home.
For people who want to enjoy an authentic Swiss home and those who love art and beauty, this is the place to live in when in Geneva. Its light on the pocket, especially for a family, squeaky clean and very tastefully done, well aired, roomy and is well connected.Marc chooses his guests carefully so one ends up meeting great people from other suites over breakfast. We made many a wonderful friends. Now that we will be frequenting Geneva, we will always choose this as our home away from home. My daughter's friends are planning to visit Geneva and i would say, this is the safest place for young girls traveling the first time form India or any country. Infact, Marc and Roger would be the reason i would gladly recommend this as a haven for people of any age and from any culture.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.