I stayed for 3 nights in October and it was a disaster from start to finish.
For a start the heating/ air conditioning did not work. I sat in my room in my coat for half an hour before anyone attended, however they could not fix it. Another hour or so later someone turned up with an electric radiator that of course could not provide enough heat for a large room.
Later on another engineer turned up who managed to turn on the heatin but the controll did not work , so by the time I got back from dinner my room was boiling hot, and no there was no window that you could open.in the morning I was woken up by the wake up call of my neighbour as there was a connecting door between the two rooms you could hear everything!
Dinner was a disaster too with my main course arriving cold. They kindly took it away , to bring the same dish back a few minutes later after it spent a few more minutes on the grill...
Day two I complained again about the aircon and was told what is the problem , the room is hot!
So I told them the problem is that the comntroll does not work. Eventually they moved me to the room next door as I insisted I needed to be able to rest. As soon as I moved they started fixing the system , with all the noises I could not rest.
On day two at 430 pm my room was still not cleaned, when I caomplained I was advised this was normal.if I wanted they could send someone around soon. The point is when you attend a conference you just want a clean , comfortable room and no cleaners and engineers when Im there.
Their complimentary shuttel service every 20 mins left us waiting at the airport 45 mins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located to 3 minutes away from Geneva Airport and 10 minutes away from the city center and Lake Geneva, the Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center offers all the services of a four-star Superior hotel. Close to Palexpo exhibition center, Switzerland’s largest hotel welcomes its guests in a modern and warm frame. Comfortable limousines provide free quality transportation service from and to Geneva Airport every 15 minutes, from 5.10 am till 11.45 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Expedia so you can book your Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starling Geneva Hotel Geneva
- Starling Geneva Hotel And Conference Center
- Crowne Plaza Geneva
- Geneva Crowne Plaza
- Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center Canton Of Geneva, Switzerland