First of all, the decor: they didn't go in for bland and safe, it's borderline kitsch with bright colours and odd sculptures.
Second, the swimming pool: it's clean and long enough to swim laps (when there isn't an aquagym lesson on: it's open to non guests through membership, so can get crowded. There's a sauna and a steam room as well.
Third, the breakfast buffet, although expensive, offers a wide variety of hot and cold, sweet and savoury foods, and they serve decent coffee.
Otherwise it's a typical but comfortable and welcoming airport hotel. The lobby shows flights arrivals and departures, and the shuttle to the airport runs every 15 mns (except at night between the last arrival and first morning departure so if you've gone to town for dinner and are coming back very late you'll have to catch a taxi).
Some of the rooms have been modernised, and are very pleasant with a modern and spacious feel. The ones that haven't yet been refurbished are a bit grim. The hotel has two wings and extremely long corridors so if you don't welcome the exercise ask for a room close to the lift.
The seasonal courtyard bar with its fountain and herbal garden is a very relaxing place.
The restaurant L'Olivier is expensive and doesn't offer a great deal of choice. Room service is also expensive. If you have time, you're better off taking the shuttle back to the airport and jump on a train to go into Geneva, where there are many excellent restaurants and cafes. A transport card is provided free upon request for the duration of your stay (they usually offer it when you check in, but not always).
The staff are generally well trained (some are Ecole Hoteliere trainees), courteous and efficient.
Wifi is available everywhere in the hotel.
Overall a cut above most airport hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located to 3 minutes away from Geneva Airport and 10 minutes away from the city center and Lake Geneva, the Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center offers all the services of a four-star Superior hotel. Close to Palexpo exhibition center, Switzerland’s largest hotel welcomes its guests in a modern and warm frame. Comfortable limousines provide free quality transportation service from and to Geneva Airport every 15 minutes, from 5.10 am till 11.45 pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starling Geneva Hotel Geneva
- Starling Geneva Hotel And Conference Center
- Crowne Plaza Geneva
- Geneva Crowne Plaza
- Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center Canton Of Geneva, Switzerland