“More like a hospital or boarding school than a hotel. Soulless and impersonal.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua Da Guine | Antigo Edifício Hidrotecnica, Prior Velho 2685-334, Portugal   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Prior Velho
GreenLeadersGold level
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I understood that this was very close to airport, however it was very difficult to find despite having directions. Following stressfull attempts to locate it, I returned my hired car to the airport a day early and got the shuttle from there. It appeared to be in an industrial complex. Had a reasonable shuttle to airport. No restaurant close by and the food in the hotel restaurant was the worst I have eaten. Apart from a lovely waitress in the restaurant ( more like school canteen) the hotel staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. In fact I would say that it was more like a prison even than a school! A wasted night in Lisbon! Nothing would induce me to ever return, sleeping in airport would have been preferable. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed September 2014
Jorge B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest,

Good afternoon.

We would like to thank you for your preference in Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport, it was really a pleasure to welcome you.
We will take in consideration your comments about our service and keep those as a reminder that we have to be capable to satisfy all our guests no matter their needs are.
On the name of all team really, we are really sorry for your disappointment, we promise that in a close future we will be waiting for you in the same place, but with a smile on our faces, so you can understand that all your negative aspects about our service, were isolated.

Best regards,

Jorge Barroqueiro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel close to the airport.

Alexander at reception, really knows how to wellcome the weary traveller.

Rooms beautifully modernized.
Option of calming blue mood lighting.
Spotlessly clean room and bathroom.
Very comfortable bed.
Quiet rooms.

Huge free breakfast.

Shuttle back to airport at 5.45am.
Great, well dressed (suited at 5.45 am!) young driver.
Wish I knew about this shuttle availablity upon entering Lisbon. Had to take a cab which was shabby and more expensive.

Room Tip: all good. ask for a quiet room
Green Features: Good. Had dual flush toilets and low lighting. Not sure about the rest.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Norfolk, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked this room because it said it was near the Lisbon Airport. It was not. It was at least three or more kilometers. After being ripped off by a cab driver who tried to triple charge me I got to the hotel about ten pm. They had given away my room which I reserved online and said that my credit card had been declined and they had cancelled my booking. Of course, this was not true. They had oversold the property and gave away my room because I gotmthere late. They offered to rebook me in a "nearby" hotel, which ended up being a twenty euro cab ride near the river in Lisbon, and then of course twenty euros back to the airport. Once I got home I got an email from the booking site asking me why I did not check in. Stay away from this place like the plague is there. I have had good luck with holiday in selects in several cities but not this one. Because I was so far away from the airport I had to get up at four am to make a seven am flight. You would be much better off staying at the TRYP Lisbon airport where I stayed on another visit.

Room Tip: Stay away, stay far away!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Jorge B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Mr. Dennis,

We would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport, and for the time to write a review about your travel experience.
It is a pleasure for us to welcome all our guests and make them feel at home, but because we have high occupancy rates all year, we need to guarantee all reservation with a credit card authorization to be possible to provide the best service. We would advise to contact your bank in order to clarify this situation, so it want happen again in another reservation.
Oversold is not part of our vocabulary in IHG Hotels Group, we are proud in what we do and the service we provide, as well as being part of the biggest hotel chain in the world, so for that reason it will be a pleasure for us to welcome you again one day soon.

Best Regards,

Jorge Barroqueiro

Travelers are raving about these Prior Velho hotels

Brussels
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here on my last night in Lisbon before catching a plane. The staff were friendly, helpful and welcome and the room was clean and comfortable. However, there was no soundproofing between my room and the adjacent one, so I was kept awake by my neighbours' conversation. They weren't even shouting — one of them just had a voice that was a bit loud. Another design flaw was the smooth, round bath tap — not ideal if you care about the environment and turn the tap off when soaping up in the shower. I had dinner in the restaurant, which was tasty and inexpensive, but lukewarm. The self service breakfast was copious and nice. All in all the place wasn't bad given the price I paid, but I should have brought ear plugs.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Hugh73Brussels,

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay with us. We are very pleased that the cleanliness of our hotel was to your liking. However, it is unfortunate that issues with the noise disturbances prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Dianne L
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

i just stayed at this hotel for 2 nights because of how close is it to the airport and i had an early flight and i wanted to be as close as i could to it at the time of leaving.The only 2 good thing i can say about this hotel are ;location if you have an early flight and second nice staff from the front desk to the hotels drivers even though they charge more for any ride than regular cabs and the bad one is that it was not that clean i found hairs all over the bath room from the floor to the shower,but i guess is some thing that is regular at holiday inn express every where.

this review is base in my experience in may 2012

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Franky G,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to know that our location suited your needs and appreciate your kind words regarding our staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Ridgefield, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Clean convenient to airport for those early morning flights. Rooms are decent and clean. Basic continental breakfast, staff is helpful. Restaurant has a small bar but prices are high. They offer dinner but we opted for sandwiches out of the vending machine which were not bad. Staff even offered to microwave them for us which was nice. Good TV channel choices. There was a shuttle to the airport but we didn't use but it seemed to come frequently. I would recommend this hotel if you are flying out the next morning.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

I had to make an overnight in Lisbon and I've booked a room in a hotel close to the airport. There is a shuttle bus to/from the airport. The rooms and the facilities were new. The service of the 'reception' team was excellent (thank you Alexander)! I think, breakfast could be improved.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport? Share your experiences!