Beautiful historic place.
THe rooms are large, clean. Each one is different apparently, so i'd recommend you ask for a traditional one (rather than one with the modern furniture, unless you really want to feel in the 21st century). Bathroom was grandiose, like the view from the window.
Swimming pool is large and a great place to spend an afternoon. Water is cold though, so beware.
The tour of the cellar was nice and fun, thanks to the somelier (who is also the somelier at the restaurant).
Restaurant food is gorgeous, as you'd expect in a relais & chateau. Don't miss the foie gras and truffle dishes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful like the painting of a great master, Chateau de Mercues bears witness to eight centuries of history and culture in perfect harmony. Both a wine estate and a Relais & Chateaux hotel with a nice fine dining restaurant. Chateau de Mercues is a haven of peace in the heart of the Lot region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Chateau de Mercues reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Mercues Hotel Mercues
- Chateau De Mercues Cahors