“best place to stay in nz” 5 of 5 stars

You added Belmont Motor Lodge to your Saves list
Belmont Motor Lodge
1 Mungavin Avenue, Porirua 6006, New Zealand   |
Wichita Falls, Texas
“best place to stay in nz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I went to porirua to work for 3 months. I stayed at the belmont the entire time. This is a great place to stay!! Always spotlessly clean, and very nice rooms. it is in a great location and easy to get in and out of. The owners Sue and Brian are amazing, such nice people. I felt like family while I was there. I will absolutely stay there again. I recommend this motel to anyone going to NZ.

Room Tip: Pick a suite, lots of room, and jacuzzi tubs.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have stayed at this motel a couple of times and have thoroughly enjoyed my stay. My room was clean and well equipped. It was nice and cosy and made me feel right at home. The staff and owners were very friendly and welcoming. I would defiantly keep going back! Highly Recommend!

• Stayed July 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed at the Belmont on the eve of my wedding as our venue was close by. From the moment I arrived the hosts were friendly, welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. I had the largest suite at the Motor Lodge - a two bedroom with large dining and lounge, and it was perfect. Lots of room for me and my bridesmaids (who were sharing the room) to get ready, as well as room for the countless people who just "pop in" to say hello.

The room had a large spa bath which was delicious for relaxing in - and the hosts let us in early to drop off our wedding cake so we didn't have to drive around with it until check in time.

I would recommend this property to anyone - friendly hosts, modern and clean, and very well appointed.

Thanks for such a lovely experience on my big day :o)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
south island, nz
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We have stayed at this motel on a couple of occasions as well as recommended it to our friends. What a mistake. The owners are full of empty promises, They even charged us NZ$70.00 for an extra person rate! They don't want you to use the heaters or the sofa beds that are actually in the room to be used!! Be it at your own risk if you dare to use what you have paid for. The owners have no shame in pointing this out to you in public!! The rooms are not serviced with toilet rolls, coffees, milks etc. There were cockroaches in the bedrooms, when we pointed this out to the owner, again it was a problem to have mentioned anything about it!. We were completed taken back by the attitudes and aggressive nature of these people. I have never experienced anything like this before. As there is not much of a choice of places to stay in Porirua, we definately would recommend to stay at the other motel around the corner. There you have a much better deal for your money, the hosts are amazing, nothing is too much trouble. Maybe this is the attitude of the Belmont that as a customer we do not have a choice. How wrong could you be, I would have thought as a business owner, you would fight for the custom!!

Room Tip: Stay at the other motel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
brianpatrick, Owner at Belmont Motor Lodge, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
This group threatened to go to trip advisor and post a bad review unless we reduced the tariff after they had stayed three nights. The room was booked by email and they were quoted a price which they accepted ( we still have that email). On arrival they signed the registration card which showed clearly the daily rate but when it was time to depart they decided to argue the tariff.
There was never an issue with the room up to this point (after all they have stayed with us in the past and if we were so bad why would you want to come back) This is all about a group of people trying to intimidate us by using this forum and because we did not bow to their threats they have gone on to lie with slanderous comments. Shame on you!
Our rooms are serviced everyday and we make a point of going into the rooms late afternoon to turn heaters on so they are comfortable when guests arrive back into their rooms. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness this is why this group kept coming back. We suggest you as a decerning traveller read between the lines and for confirmation check out the great comments on Booking. Com by people who have stayed with us.
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights recently. The stay was comfortable. Hosts were friendly. We checked in at 930pm and they waited for us and had our electric blanket and room heater switched on - a nice touch I have to say.

The room was clean and reasonably modern. LCD TV with a few SKY channels provided. Kitchen was well equipped. Heating options were good (electric blanket, wall heater and an oil heater).

Check in and check out was a breeze. All in all, not bad for a motor lodge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We were here for one night while on a business trip. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very nice and upmarket but a bit dark, and we couldn't get Television One on the tele. I worked in the evening and missed the turnoff on my return to the motel so got a bit lost. A recommendation would be to have a big sign near to the roadway for those of us who get lost easily. However, as already mentioned, a very nice motel with great hosts, and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Room no. 5 is quite dark
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed at the Belmont for two nights in mid-February. I was a bit worried as it was so close to the motorway but it turned out to be very quiet. The room was quite comfortable -- large and modern. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. I would also recommend the Indian restaurant up a small hill beside the hotel. It was excellent!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Belmont Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!