“Very friendly welcome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Far End Guesthouse

Far End Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Knowle
Far End Guesthouse
You added Far End Guesthouse to your Saves list
Kixley Lane, Knowle, Solihull B93 0JF , England   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Knowle B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We are 3 ladies walking the Grand Union Canal. It is very difficult to find accommodation along the canal so we were delighted to discover this gem of a B&B. The welcome was very friendly, the rooms comfortable clean and and after a hardy breakfast we were on our way before 9 a.m. to finish the walk to Birmingham Gas Street Basin. Thank you Dawn for all your help.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
kixley, Owner at Far End Guesthouse, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello, It was nice to see you and hear all your news about the Olympics. We hope you didn't get too wet going back. You should have rung us and we would have picke dyou up and givneyou a life to the nearest railway station as we live so near to them.

Enjoy your future walking holidays.
Regards,
Dawn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
West Aussie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

4 of us from Australia stayed here for 4 nights on the recommendation of a friend. You could not find a better place to stay, very quiet, excellent clean rooms & a lovely breakfast. Great for early morning walks along the Birmingham to London canal, which is only 250 yards behind the house.
Dawn & Steve were excellent hosts & you are in a great location to visit the surrounding Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford, the Cotswalds & of couse the town of Knowle.

Room Tip: The best room is the one next to the carpark, with its own en-suite.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

My sister actually found it, and I joined them for 2 nights. My room was comfortable, quiet, even had a fridge! Dawn and Steve, the owners, were helpful and friendly -- really made us feel at home. The surrounding countryside was wonderful with the canal nearby and the public walkways. The small town of Knowle was quaint and within walking distance. What more could you ask for? I will definitely return!

Room Tip: The largest of the 3 rooms is good for stays of 3 nights or longer.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights whilst working in the area. A real haven to come back to after work. Great owners, Dawn and Steve, made to feel at home. Fantastic breakfast, comfortable room with brilliant bathroom / shower.
Will defo come back with wife if visiting area again.

Room Tip: Appears all rooms same quality. But my double at rear has a fantastic view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hi nice to see you again. I hope life is not too hectic and we will see you soon.
The horses have been moved away now.

We now have a private entrance through the porch foir visitors and hope you like the changes when you come again.
Regards, Dawn
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary recently and it was just perfect. Such a relaxing and beautiful place to be, right by the canal - perfect for a stroll along to the nearby waterside pubs. We ate our excellent breakfast in the sunny garden and found the proprietors to be warm and helpful, plus a great source of local knowledge. We'll definitely come here again.

Room Tip: The en-suite double is gorgeous and overlooks the garden.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

What a great B&B.
I stay in hotels at least 4 nights a month with work and when I book myself anywhere always stay at a B&B, and this is one of the best.

A stones throw from Knowle, which is a lovely little town with everything you need and restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets.

Lovely modern room, freeview tv, free wifi, kingsize bed all to myself, vast array of teas/coffees.

Really friendly owners, I had to leave at 6.30am and, despite my protestations, the owner got up early to make me a continental breakfast. But the best thing was the peace and quiet.

Spend £65 a night at a Premier Inn with doors banging and no breakfast, or spend £38 for my most peaceful night away from home at the Far End?
I know which I'd choose everytime!

• Stayed September 2011
Knowle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I booked this guesthouse for relatives, because of the quiet location and the choice of eating places nearby.
They loved the beautifull location (as it turned out they love walking and a canal is nearby with locks, narrowboats and herons) and the lovely room with the comfortable beds.
My cousin said he had the best and most generous breakfasts he had ever had!
The owner made my relatives feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble.
I can recommend this guesthouse!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Far End Guesthouse? Share your experiences!