We visited the Herons Nest on 28th June 2013. to celebrate my mother's 92nd birthday. Staff were talking amongst themselves when we arrived they did not bother with us, we had to interrupt them to ask to be shown to our reserved table. Table was not very clean. Waitress had no product knowledge, when we asked for a dry sherry we were told that she didn't know if they had dry sherry, all she could tell us that the only sherry they had was in a blue bottle!! We had to ask her to check what the label said, it was a sweet sherry! Several dishes on the menu were not available. Staff were unable to give us information about the food they were serving. They seemed very uninterested, and poorly presented, dirty aprons and scruffy clothes. We arrived at 12.30pm and eventually had our food at 1.40pm. My drink was served in a dirty glass, lip marks on rim of glass. There seems to be a complete lack of leadership and clearly the staff do not want to be there. What has happended to this once lovely pub? Can't believe how it has gone so down hill, no wonder there were not many people in the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the charming village of Knowle, this historic lodge provides convenient yet characterful budget accommodation near Solihull, Dorridge, Birmingham and the NEC.Dating back to 1816, The Heron's Nest is furnished with 10 comfy rooms and a cosy pub serving up seasonally inspired food and drink together with bags of rustic charm. Its canal and countryside setting brings further appeal, especially during the summer when the outdoor dining area springs to life.Knowle is a lovely place to unwind, with a pretty village square, an early 15th century church and lots of idyllic, timber-framed cottages. You could also take a stroll down the Grand Union Canal - but be sure to pack some sandwiches, as there are 147 miles of towpath.The wider area offers attractions to suit every taste. Shopaholics will love Solihull's Touchwood Centre, history buffs will enjoy the moated, medieval charms of Baddesley Clinton and families will relish a trip to Warwick and Kenilworth Castles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Solihull, Knowle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Herons Nest Hotel Knowle
- Innkeeper's Lodge Solihull, Knowle West Midlands