“Another excellent meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
London, United Kingdom
“Another excellent meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Our second visit did not disappoint! Whilst my husband had a la carte I chose from the set lunch menu. Excellent value with no reduction in quality. Good food and service - can list this restaurant as one of my top 3!

93% Recommend
Exeter, United Kingdom
“A real birthday treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Galley deserves it's place as number one restaurant in Exeter. I took my wife for a birthday treat and we were very impressed. The dining experience was a real pleasure. The staff were pleasant, and very relaxed. The wine was good, and the food was excellent: perfectly cooked, full of flavour, perfectly timed, and just the right sized portions. Ok, so it's not cheap - and Topsham dining is just a bit pretentious - but if you're not rich and not pretentious - what's the harm in treating your wife!

Visited April 2012
Gloucestershire
“Wow what a wonderful evening!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I had a fantastic evening at the Galley. Service and food was top notch as was the ambiance. I thought that the prices were about right and the portions again right for us. We chose badly on the sweets and salivated over other peoples choices but this was down to us and personal choice. The chef comes and speaks with everyone in the restaurant which is a lovely touch and we both felt like valued guests. We may live 130 miles away but we will defiantly go back.

• Visited June 2012
Launceston, United Kingdom
“First Class Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Four of us went to The Galley for lunch - wow! The front of the Restaurant is unpretentious and as soon as you walk in there is a friendly, warm atmosphere. It is a small Restaurant for approximately 30 covers but you don't feel squashed. Then you get to the food - its the best meal we have had in quite a long time. The price for this is around middle range, not cheap but not silly prices and we felt worth every penny and some - beautiful! The staff were friendly and you wanted for nothing. Lovely views over the River Exe. Oh - and there is a very unique feature in the lavatories too - go see for yourself!?
Ed & Jude Baker with Richard & Lorraine Pugh

• Visited July 2012
Harpenden, United Kingdom
“A good evening with local friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

I find the one star ratings, given recently, perverse. We went there with four friends who live locally and made it their top Topsham recommendation for the visitors. The starters were very good, the mains slightly less so. I did not particularly rate the summer pudding, but overall this should be in the high three to early four rating on Trip advisor. The service was at exactly the right pace for us and in terms of value we thought it was very good. I would go again and if I had the same table near the door with such wonderful views I would be delighted.