“Chocolate Cake Haven” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Butuan
Cuisines: American, Asian
Dining options: Late Night
Description: "People are drawn to Margie’s cafe because it is reminiscent of some European café or a hole-in-the wall hangout in an American college town." But loyal customers agree that the famous cakes/pastries, and tasty food keep them coming back.
Makati, Philippines
“Chocolate Cake Haven”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is one of the cake shops with the best chocolate cake (cookie monster). In my latest visit to Butuan, I dropped by here twice. First to spend time with my friends, and second to have my cookie monster experience..again. My last was months or a year ago I think.
With my friends, we simply had drinks while chatting around 10 in the evening. I had iced mocha. The rest had either hot cappuccino or coffee jelly frap. It was disappointing because it took more than 40 minutes before we received our drinks, even though we had followed it up more than once. The taste, however, was fine. It was just as I expected it to be, coffee mocha.
The waiters were friendly. When we requested for photos of us to be taken, they gladly assisted.
A day after, I came back with a friend. Our cookie monster and iced tea were served within 5-10 minutes. That was fast. I enjoyed my chocolate cake, my drink, the place, which was serene and relaxing, and of course the company of my friend. We'll definitely come back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Calamba, Philippines
“healthy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I love their salad, which was my dinner that day since the crab burger I ordered was not available. The ambiance was cool. It's just along the main road, and can be reached easily even through public transport.

Visited May 2013
Körbeldorf, Bayern, Germany
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

i like the pasta recipes and the cakes are just awesome. but the place is just too small though. that is, for good food i need ample elbow room.

Visited February 2013
Butuan, Philippines
“inquiry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

they serve the best and food the best in town.
actually i have my pond of red tilapia/king fish in buenavista agusan del norte you can view my account in sulit.com.under red tilapia or can call us 09294684827 in case you want to order a
fresh red tilapia/king fish.can you send me an email account where i can send iterenary.my email add is brenda_molino3@yahoo.com.thanks

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Butuan City
“Classic and Delish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have been every where and in every place I go, I usually find chocolate cakes. Still, nothing beats the cookie monster from Margie's. This is the place where I had my first learning of a certain program where a colleague of mine thought me and this had been my favorite place for work and personal chitchat.

• Visited July 2012