“Go elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Residencial Vistamar

Residencial Vistamar
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arrieta
Residencial Vistamar
You added Residencial Vistamar to your Saves list
Caleta Campo,15, 35542 Arrieta, Lanzarote, Spain   |
London, United Kingdom
“Go elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Residenicial Visitamar is advertised as a fully equipped apartment, basically it's not fully equipped. It's very basic with the bare minimum that the owners obviously think they can get away with.

The woman that oversees the management of the apartments told me she'd be there to meet us, when we arrived no one was there and the door to the apartment was open. When I rang to find out what was going on, she said to go next door and the woman there would show me how to work everything.

The woman next door only spoke Spanish so it was interesting trying to understand how things worked. She tried her best and I have a feeling that this had happened to her a few times. The main contact turned up 9 hours late and was extremely unhelpful when we asked her about facilities in the area. There was no literature at all, in the apartment about Lanzarote which is extremely unusual, you think they'd be proud of the amenities on their island.

I noticed that two other sets of tourists turned up during the week and the woman they'd arranged the booking through, failed to turn up for them too. She is obviously just interested in the money, not in ensuring that people settle in, ok. As you can probably tell, her attitude is one of the main things I remember about the apartment.

One of the bedrooms at the back also smelt damp and cold and like most apartments, noise from neighbours can be a problem, especially here where every noise from upstairs could be heard. There is obviously not even a nod towards sound proofing. Finally, I found it odd that the headboard had been screwed to the wall and the bed was completely separate to the bed. The headboard moved every time I turned over in bed and it had been a problem for others too as I found part of an egg carton wedged between the wall and the bed head to stop the noise.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Residencial Vistamar? Share your experiences!