“more than just yoga . . .massage studio, adventure activities and nature tours” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shooting Star Studio

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 5 attractions in Pavones
Pavones, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Beautiful, open-air, beachfront yoga studio offering group yoga classes and private yoga instruction. This is a peaceful place where you can enjoy nature during your yoga practice. Massage is available by appointment at Shooting Star. Amy, the owner, knows the area very well and offers a whole menu of adventure activities and tours. I highly recommend a stop at Shooting Star Studio it will enhance your Pavones experience.

Visited August 2012

Chicago, Illinois
25 attraction reviews
“Yoga with a View!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Shooting Star is a gem of a yoga studio, and for anyone wanting to relax. The building itself is open, so not only do you feel the ocean breeze, but you can see the ocean from where you stand. They also offer hot yoga and massage. My masseuse came right to my cabana at La Ponderosa, and my massage was done right out in the open so I could hear the ocean and feel the breeze. The instructors are friendly and very welcoming. All in all this was a great studio, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

Visited April 2011
Playa Grande, Costa Rica
“Massage, a beautiful yoga studio, a surf shop... they have it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I went on a trip to Pavones (my 4th trip) and finally I managed to make an appointment with Amy, who I was told by a number of people, is a very good massage therapist. Being a massage therapist myself, I am incredibly choosy. This massage by Amy was honestly the best massage I have ever had. The location was stunning, in an open air yoga studio with the sound of the ocean and gentle wind chimes too. I love a strong/ therapeutic massage and this was perfect... not so intense that I couldn't drift into that state of massage bliss, but that perfect blend of 'good pain' !
Amy's husband Alex runs the local town Surf Shop called SeaKings surf shop. It is in the best location and has everything you need to rescue you from a bummer surf trip if you break a fin, need a leash, even buy a new board!
Amy offers all kinds of fun activities too, she will take you on hikes, snorkeling, they really are the one stop shop for organizing everything great about your vacation.... Enjoy!

Visited September 2011