“Cool cabinas, delicious tropical fruits and a great host” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mira Olas Pavones Cabins

Mira Olas Pavones Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pavones
Mira Olas Pavones Cabins
Save Saved
You added Mira Olas Pavones Cabins to your Saves list
Main Road | 200 M South of Super Market, Pavones, Costa Rica   |
anaconda
“Cool cabinas, delicious tropical fruits and a great host”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

My 2010 trip to Pavones was my fourth, in as many years. As usual, I stayed at Mira Olas. Lili is a great host, often leaving apple bananas, a fresh mango or some other treat from the garden on the door knob while I'm away during the day. Accommodations are basic, but everything you need in this environment. The cabins are clean, quiet, comfortable and affordable. They're set in beautiful tropical gardens that host a myriad of birds; toucans, motmots, several species of hummingbirds, just to list a few. Birding is great here - sitting out on the deck with a cup of coffee, binoculars and a bird book is a perfect way to start the day. Being on the outskirts of town, on the edge of the forest, monkeys are also common visitors.
I really like the easy access from the cabins down to the Rio Claro. It's great to walk the trail down to the river at mid-day to swim, wash off the salt from a morning surf and escape the heat of the day.

Town, the surf and the cantina are only a 5 - 10 minute walk from the cabins, depending on how good the waves are, or how hungry you are. I don't mind the walk as I prefer being a bit removed from the center of Pavones for the reasons I've listed above - the wildlife, the quiet and the ambiance of Mira Olas.

I like it enough, that I've already made plans to return in 2011.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Mira Olas Pavones Cabins? Share your experiences!