“Wonderful Hotel - Excellent Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Hotel Bangsaphan

You added Coral Hotel Bangsaphan to your Saves list
Coral Hotel Bangsaphan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   171 Moo 9, Ban Suan Luang | Pongprasart, Bang Saphan 77140, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bang Saphan
valence
“Wonderful Hotel - Excellent Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very pleasant stay at the Bang Saphan Coral Hotel.
Warm welcome - Great management
Comfortable rooms
Friendly & available staffs
Lots of tours & excursions
High Quality Facilities
Surely recommended this hotel to anyone looking for a real local-life experience in Thailand
Special thanks to Mr Claude Bauchet and his management team

Room Tip: Large choice of rooms type from Classic bedrooms to Family Deluxe Bungalows
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Wow! I recomend this wonderfull hotel to anyone looking for a beautiful quite authentic Thaï vacation. My room was a little Thai palace with a private outdoor area including a rainfall shower and a deep jaccuzzi. Fresh fruit on arrival and delicacies in the room everyday. I can't say enough about how great this place is. Away from the usual hustle of commercial Thailand.

• Stayed January 2013
melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at this property for 6 nights in Sept 2012. We had such a beautiful time, it's a very well run property with a gorgeous pool right by the beach. Great little restaurants and bars to eat at within walking distance of the property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Was there in December for our new year, we stayed there 4 nights. the service is excellent, the food is good, the pool is heaven !
The staff is friendly, smiley and helpful, everyone is really service minded.
Indeed everything is at 30 seconds walk which makes this place even more relaxing.
Many French families come here probably because this hotel is owned by a french man. But this fact makes the service even better because french people are often slightly demanding....woops ! :P
I recommend this place to everyone around the world !

Room Tip: I just took the cheapest (as usual) and it was already perfect for me... bed sheets are clean, airco...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was here in May, and while it is a resort hotel for French tourists - mainly families - this was not a problem. I came as a backpacker and stayed 10 days.
A wonderful place set in beautiful gardens and coco tree plantation. A great pool if one wants it and easy access to an empty beach.
The rooms (I was moved) were great; clean, modern but with a traditional edge, with great bathrooms.
The staff were friendly and helpful and the French managers the same.
I have read reviews stating that if you aren't French you get overlooked... Well hey, learn to speak up is all I have to say...While bi-lingual, I always used English and I was not part of the package tour crowd, and experienced no problems.
It is a package tour hotel, thus at certain times of the day, one has to expect that the restaurants will be full with those who have half board or more...there are other places to eat.

All in all I give it 9/10. A great place to relax and recuperate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Mercer Island, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Coral Hotel deserves 5 stars for its beautiful grounds and pool, and the fact that you can walk 30 seconds between the pool, restaurant, cafe, and beach. That is truly relaxing.

It drops one star because of the room. We were in the hotel addition in the back and I recommend that you reconsider your hotel choice if you are given this assignment, and especially room 21. I instantly was depressed walking into it and we dreaded returning to it. The room is cramped and dark; it is built around a big bathroom cube. You have to creep around the master bed to get to the second half of the bathroom (sink/shower). There were no drawers and one little shelf to store your belongings so we left our suitcases on the floor and made us feel more cramped. The vanity, tv top and round table were covered with hotel stuff and left us zero space for our own. For a family of 5 in this room, there was a single chair to sit in. The mezzanine where my 3 kids slept was without windows and always pitch dark, my 12 year old fell down the stairs and my daughter tripped over the inexplicable ledge at the top of the stairs. Dangerous too.

So we flung open the dark dense curtains on the main floor to see an even more depressing sight: corrugated roofs of our neighbors, the other hotel addition, a water tank and a cabin's roof. We couldn't bring ourselves to sit on the balcony. It was an awful view.

A resort room should be airy and pretty, with a pleasant view. This was probably the worse room I've ever stayed in, outside of China. Built around a bathroom! You must see it to believe it!

A second star is lost because I felt that the hotel is not upfront on their website or in their emails about the accessibility of activities. I received a long list (check-off list) of activities from snorkeling to local visits. I told them up front that we chose this hotel so we can snorkel at the closeby islands and even asked to book in advance. They did not respond to that. However, it turns out that without many resources or outsourcing to more boats/guides, this small hotel offers about 4 activities per day. And no luck to you if it is full or not your choice. If I had known this, I probably would have chosen another hotel. We snorkeled half as much as we had wanted.

My frustration was compounded when I kept on getting the run-around. I asked about snorkeling on one day and was first told that we had to wait and see what the weather was. The diver told me flat out that no dives were to be scheduled for that day. I asked for an alternative activity to replace it, and was told that I couldn't schedule anything, even for the morning, because it was our last day (despite leaving midafternoon). I asked them to reconsider and she finally got impatient and told me no: visit the Buddha cave or nothing. Yikes.

The resort is lovely, and alone in its privacy really, on this section of the beach. I wish the room was as pleasing as the surroundings but it really subtracted from my vacation. Missing out on intended snorkeling was not great, either.

Lastly, if you haven't yet noticed all the French reviews, this really is a Frenchie kind of place,with the set menu for lunch being right out of a French cafe. We saw mostly pensioners and families with very young children from francophone countries.

Hmmm, I wonder how hotel management is going to argue against my review. It seems like they have little empathy for personal opinions.

Room Tip: Avoid room 21 or hotel additions altogether. Try to get a cabin.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
CORALHOTEL, Directeur général at Coral Hotel Bangsaphan, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
We would first like to thank this customer for the positive comments mentioned on the Coral Hotel. We would also like to answer to the comments related to the room and the activities provided by our Coral Hotel. This family chose to book with us a Mezzanine room for 3 nights.

At the Coral Hotel we provide a choice of different types of room and out of all the available rooms, the ones most adapted for families with 3 children are either Deluxe suites either Mezzanine Rooms, the one chosen by this family. The clients expressly requested while booking with us, the mezzanine room after having had the opportunity to look at pictures on our website.

Until today we haven’t recorded any complains related to the “depressing” atmosphere of the room nor issues with the way the room has been designed, the families who chose to stay in these rooms have always been satisfied with the service provided and we have to say that we are particularly astonished to read that this didn’t meet this client’s expectations.

Regarding the activities, we regret that no comments was mentioned by the client related the flexibility of the Coral team who gathered all possible efforts to organize, following their requests, right after their arrival date (January 25), a half day snorkeling trip to Kho Thalu Island and the day after on January 26th a 1 day trip to the far islands.

The Coral Hotel proposes to its client a list of available tours and activities to enjoy during their stay. The clients’ wishes and the planning of the tours are discussed and agreed while the clients are at the hotel. When designing the activities planning the team also considers criteria such as the weather conditions and the length of the stay at the hotel (the longer the stay is the easier it is to meet all requests). In this particular case we regret that just because we weren’t able to organize at the last minute one half day trip in the morning of the departure date, the family wasn’t satisfied despite the 2 Boat trips we managed to put in place for them.

We hope to welcome again one day this family and make sure upfront that all their choices and expectations comply with what the Hotel can actually propose.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

christmas2010,we slept there and had breakfast for three nights,our room was pre booked by family 2mths prior,we get room at far back corner of property.you live and you learn ,an experience not to be repeated.waz.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
CORALHOTEL, Directeur général at Coral Hotel Bangsaphan, responded to this review, November 13, 2011
We have to say that we were more than surprised to read this comment today for a stay at our hotel that occurred almost a year ago.We would however like to answer to what was mentioned by reinforcing the fact that the entire hotel staff is always gathering all possible efforts to please our customers regardless of their nationality and language. Our goal at the Coral Hotel is to bring the best service at all levels; this is the reason why the management board hired this year a new Client service director, fluent in both French and English in order to welcome and accompany all our international guests. On top of this all hotel employees are frequently trained to improve both languages in order to meet all client needs at best.

Been to Coral Hotel Bangsaphan? Share your experiences!