“Awesome trip, awesome hosts!” 5 of 5 stars

Kilburn House Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast
Milltown | Gret Leane, Milltown, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Milltown B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“Awesome trip, awesome hosts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

In February, I traveled to County Kerry with my wife and two young children and spent five days at the Kilburn House. This was my second visit, as my wife and I stayed at Kilburn in July of 2004. The Kilburn House is a beautifully restored, historic property. It is warm and welcoming just like the hosts and owners, Podge and Gret Leane. Also for those looking for a great meal, the Kilburn House is hard to beat. I have already recommended it to a number of friends from Massachusetts, several of whom have said it was the best bed and breakfast they stayed at during their trip. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting County Kerry given its central location.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

We just got back from a trip to Ireland. We spent two nights at Kilburn House and it was fantastic. Gret and Podge were great hosts. They gave us great advice on touring the area. The breakfasts were delicious and our room was clean and spacious. The Kilburn House is perfectly situated. An easy drive to both the Dingle Peninsula and the Ring of Kerry. I would highly recommend staying here. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

This B and B was amazing!!! The hosts were very welcoming and really really friendly giving us great tips as to where to go go and what to see in the area. The rooms were large very comfortable and clean. The guests living room with books and TV and tea and coffe was a brilliant idea. We were stunned at the choice and variety and quality of the breakfasts on offer. It really made our weekend and we would highly recommend it to anyone

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Lac-Megantic, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

Driving down the small road to the house, our breath was taken away by the beauty of the place. We were warmly welcomed and showed our very spacious room (YES! SPACIOUS) with a very large bathroom. Soon after, our 14mo old daughter took a tumble down our bed head first onto the hardwood floor, making my heart stop. I rushed to the owners who calmed me down a little and called a doctor for me, they then drove me to the doctor with my child (who was laughing and playing by then but mommy was still stressed out). When we got back to the house, they made us a fresh pot of tea and put a kid's movie on for my daughter so she wouldn't fall asleep as the doctor asked. They were so attentive and giving, I will forever remember them :)

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2008

Just returned from vacation in Ireland. This was our favorite B&B. The house was well maintained, breakfast was delicious and hosts were very accomodating. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

Having stayed here 5 years ago, I was looking forward to returning this August. I was pleasantly surprised to see all ameneties had been kept up to the good standard I enjoyed the last time. Gret is a great hostess; good breakfast, clean and modern rooms, peaceful environment, great central location for the Ring of Kerry are what you can expect here.
The price is very good value, especially compared to more expensive and lesser quality, lower standard equivelants in neighbouring Killarney.
It´s not a 5 Star Hotel, it´s just a homely retreat where you feel welcome and can relax in quiet surroundings without being miles from anywhere. Everything you would want from a b+b.
This report from someone who travells the world on business and is not easy to please.

Stayed August 2008
Denbighshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

We had a two night stay in this lovely B & B. Although we had only booked in for one night we changed our travel plans to spend another night here. It is ideally situated for travelling around the ring of Kerry etc. The evenings in the guests' living room were very enjoyable sharing travel stories with fellow guests from New York, Australia and Israel.
We agree with all the complementary comments.

• Liked — The warmest welcome.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Kilburn House Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!