“It was good” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Whitefish
Rochester, New York, United States
“It was good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

For the price this hotel was great. My son and i stayed here for 2 nights and had a great time. The staff was very nice and polite. They didn't hound us with questions and fake smiles either :D When I lost my key to my room, they helped me without an issue. The rooms were clean, they had housekeeping and even cleaned while i was out. I think my son enjoyed 5 or 6 bubble baths cause he loved the bathtub so much. It is not home, it is a hotel. I think a lot of these reviews are from people expecting to much. I did not get the free breakfast, but mostly cause I didnt ask about it- as we had our own. I wanted to go back this coming February, but its already booked full!! Some things looked like it was still under construction- but if a place is rennovating.. i dont see how you can judge if they are trying to make it better..

Room Tip: My room was right near front desk, it was still quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I stay at the red carpet inn very often for my research trips in Sudbury. The hotel is affordable, rooms are great, 2 double, cable tv, wireless internet. The carpets are brand new. The breakfast is included but you must ask for a breakfast card each day the night before, as you go into the restaurant attached to the lobby. The staff is very nice and hospitable, Im not sure why so many negative reviews or comments, it seems you just need to be polite and ask for help, to get it in return. I do research trips to mines monthly and have always stayed here over the past year and has always been great.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed here alone. It's not far out of sudbury, so I figured..cheaper, less noise... ok good. Not good.. I booked on-line,and the pictured have to be old,because this place is run-down. The room had recently been painted, most of the hotel had actually, but they did a terrible job, and it was a gross puke green. The bathroom was out of a 70's horror. The shower didn't work properly .. there was no pressure. The staff were friendly, and it was clean, just a little ugly. I can see that they are trying.. but maybe have taken off a little more than they could handle, and still keep the business open.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Whitefish hotels

Woodstock, ON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We had friends visiting from the Netherlands who mentioned to us that they stayed at the Red Carpet in Lively. This would have been sometime around May 26 - 29. . They said they were charged $160 for the evening and to us this seemed to be very high.

In checking the prices , I see that the most expensive room is $101.75 and with tax added this does not come close to $160.

I received no reply to the e-mail I sent to the management about this so I could not forward an explanation to our friends about why they were charged so much. After all, they were on a motor trip vacation, were from outside of Canada and this really disturbed us to think that they paid this much in the Sudbury, Ontario (Lively yet!) area.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Thunder Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

Hotel was typical of many on-the-road motels. Not terribly clean - but this is probably due to the fact that it is old (eg carpets).
Lacked electrical outlets (at desk for laptop, etc.)
Lacked better lighting - eg had to find light switches by bed to "turn on some lights"
No alarm clock - but perfect "wake-up call" service.
Acceptable accommodation for the price.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Me and a few of my friends went to Sudbury just to see some sights. We stayed at Red Carpet Inn for 3 days and had no troubles. The staff was nice, rooms were really clean and beds were comfortable aswell. Lastly there wasn't any noise at night and the rates are really reasonable .

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Chatham Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2008

First of all - they didn't honour the rate I was given when I booked online. Charged $15/night more. We had t o pay up front upon arrival. We checked out a day earlier, they wouldn't credit the last night although this isn't in their policy anywhere. The advertise continental breakfast - none. Free internet - they charge you for it even if you don't use it. The rooms were beyond disgusting. Holes in the walls, carpet missing on the floor and every room stinks!!! The people at the front desk "don't know anything" when you ask questions. The place should be condemned!

• Liked — Breakfast was good although they advertised free and it wasn't
  • Disliked — Everything - it smells, its filthy, it should be condemned
  • Stayed November 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Red Carpet Inn and Suites Sudbury? Share your experiences!