“A Tahoe favorite!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Los Angeles, CA
“A Tahoe favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We always look forward to returning to the Mandarin Garden, and we're never disappointed. The food is fresh, the service is friendly, and the price is reasonable. This family-run place is not fancy, but the atmosphere is pleasant and the food is consistently excellent. We especially like the shrimp with crispy walnuts, the dry sauteed string beans, and the hot and sour soup. We highly recommend!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
Los Banos
“great food, great service, great value!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We agree with farino. The locals recommend this restaurant and we certainly know why. Although this may not be the most new and updated restaurant appearance wise, after enjoying a great dinner for a reasonable price WITH NO MSG it really hit the mark for us. The restaurant is CLEAN, the server was very pleasant and proficient, and the food was GREAT!!! Aesthetics are nice for us but not a necessity when the food is of high taste and quality. Everything was fresh. Finding a restaurant like this as a tourist is a treasure and we sure wish this restaurant was here in our town. We will be back when we visit Tahoe again. texasanthony would probably complain if he stumbled over a rock of GOLD and complain it wasn't yellow or bright enough!! Sad for him.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangor, Wales
“Don't judge a book by its cover!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Although I agree with previous reviews about the interior being stale and outdated i COMPLETELY disagree about the food. I really enjoyed the meal i purchased. The sweet & sour chicken was one of the best I've had, the BBQ ribs were tasty and had plenty of meat on them.

This restaurant has won awards for a number of years.

Recommended.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Good food at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I have no idea what the other reviewers are talking about but I have eaten here on my ski trips both last year and this year and have had very good dinners. Yes, the atmosphere is nothing to write home about, but the food is very good. The family dinner "B" is a great value at $15.50 per person. It includes seafood soup, a pupu platter and your choice of entrees from the regular dinner menu. At my request, they also modified my entree to leave out an item that is normally included in the entree. I have been disappointed in many of the places I have eaten in Tahoe over the years, but this is not one of them. They've been in business for thirteen years and bad restaurants do not last that long.

houston
“Bad Chinese Food!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We are Asian. We enjoy Asian cuisine from all over the world. This resturant 'adaptation' of various Chinese dishes is laughable. I could not believe they used long spaghetti noodle for my wonton noodle soup! The Orange Beef lacks any type of kick from a dish that was suppose to be spicy. The fried rice was mediocre at best. The owner talked to us and mentioned that he used to be a head chef at a local resturant in our state. I highly doubt his claim, but if it was true, then maybe this why he no longer worked there. I my opion, waaaay over-piced for such poor quality of food.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere