“Romantic Atmosphere, Delicious Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Redlands, California, United States
“Romantic Atmosphere, Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I ate here while we were in South Lake Tahoe for our honeymoon. It was recommended to us by Paul Bush, the winemaker from Madrona Winery. We called two days before and got reservations without a problem. We wanted to bring a bottle of the great Zin we had purchased from Madrona to share, so we called and asked what the corkage fee would be. We were surprised to find that it was a measly $15! Most fine dining restaurants we take our own wine to are upwards of $25-$30, easily. We arrived a few minutes early, but were promptly seated. Our waiter informed us that they were doing some "training" with their new staff that evening, but we honestly didn't notice any hiccups! The garlic bread arrived hot and was simply delicious, especially when I dipped it in the marinara that came with our fried calamari! My husband ordered the veal and I had the capellini al sciampino (sp?) which was essentially a seafood capellini with a delicious white wine sauce! Unfortunately, I had stuffed myself on bread and calamari, and only made my way through about a quarter of my main dish, but it was fantastic! My husband was in heaven with his veal, he gave me a bite, and it was rich, melt-in-your-mouth flavorful goodness! For dessert we shared the white chocolate ice cream, which was the best ice cream I have ever tasted. It registered somewhere between gelato and custard on the creaminess scale! At the end of our meal, we were informed that they had waived the corkage fee for us, which was an extra nice treat. All in all, a wonderful experience, but be sure to make reservations early, as we heard it gets booked solid in the summer months!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Austin
“Don't bother- quality of food is poor.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Don't bother! We previously loved this place and were really disappointed. The food was average and the service was just ok. Even the garlic bread didn't taste special. The white chocolate icecream was really good. The food quality and the way it's prepared has really sunk to a low. The staff was friendly but can't make up for the quality and taste of the food. We left at 7:30pm and the small place, inside and out, was not even half full. We should have listened to the reviews that we ignored. Really disappointed! It's very expensive too.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta GA
“Intimate Dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We reserved far in advance after reading the reviews of other travelers. The restaurant is charming and tiny. The service was excellent, but the food - not so much. My husband ordered the seafood fra diavolo, which was excellent. I ordered the minestrone for an opener, and it was tasty. I ordered the cioppino, which is my favorite meal. Wow, was I disappointed, The broth of the cioppino was the same minestrone! It did contain seafood, including lobster (where is the Dungeness crab?), but, frankly I make a better dish at home. The homemade ice cream was just delicious! Bottom line - good, but not as good as its reputation.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Noblesville, Indiana
“Fantastic atmosphere, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Very small, intimate atmosphere. Food was overall good, not great (wife and I each had filet, peppercorn was the better of the two). Service was good. The fact that you can bring your own wine for a $15 corking fee is fantastic.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Small With Wonderful Menu and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had read about Cafe Fiore from TripAdvisor and had made reservations well in advance of our arrival in Lake Tahoe.

The restaurant is very intimate with just seven tables inside. While it is somewhat romantic, you are very close to other patrons. The service was excellent and the food was well prepared and well presented. It is expensive but well worth it. it was a very enjoyable evening for two. Reservations are a must!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere