“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Up to 50% off!
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stopped here on a whim passing by. Nice clean place. Rooms have mini kitchens, comfortable beds, and are a decent size. Pool is an indoor/outdoor and there is an activity center. Reasonably priced. Close to everything and near the lake.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We have been owners here since 1999 and have stayed here every year over that time. We stayed here for our timeshare week in March and then returned about a week and a half later for Easter because we happened to get a great deal on airfare. Our original intention was just to stay in one of the cheap hotels near the casinos, but we have gotten used to a certain standard and decided we couldn't slum it and ended up back at the LT Vacation Resort, deciding it was worth the extra money. My point is, we like the place well enough to go even when it isn't our timeshare week.

The condos are nice and spacious and have everything you need. The master bedroom has a king bed. The bath has a nice soaker tub. The studio has 2 double beds and a full bath with a mini kitchen. There are tv's in both bedrooms and the living room. The living room has a fire place and a balcony. The kitchen is a little small, but I don't cook on vacation, so fine by me. The place just got renovated over the past several years, so everything looks good and is in good shape. I find the place to be very clean and the employees to be friendly and helpful.

They have an indoor outdoor pool and a gym. I haven't used either in years. There is also a small store and a restaurant and bar. I guess the restaurant is only open for dinner now. There is no charge for using the washers and dryers. I like the location. It is an easy mile walk to the casinos and right across the street from Riva Grill, which is an important happy hour stop for us. Also, the Heavenly tram is right up the road. You can get lucky and possibly get a lake view, which is really great when it happens.

I am not a fan of the resort fee concept and $20 a day is too much for internet and parking. Luckily we don't pay it because we are owners, but it still offends me. Honestly, internet should be free at this point! The parking has always been and continues to be a hassle. The valet lot is across hwy 50, so if you want your car, you have to call like 10 mins ahead and dig up cash for a tip, which usually tends to be a problem for us. The valets are good and they hustle, it just isn't a good set up. With the renovations being mostly over, the self parking is back, but there isn't much of it, and people tend to park illegally, which indicates what a pain the valet process is. Also, we only get maid service once a week. Not sure if that's the case for paying customers, but that could bother some people. It is ok for me, although the garbage gets pretty high by day 4.

In short, this place is getting older, but isn't showing its age, so that is a good thing. It is always a good and consistent experience. I would give it 5 stars if not for the valet hassle.

Room Tip: Go for the lake view.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This resort focuses on the family market but as we were here with our adult children it wasn't the ideal place for us. However the accommodation is excellent, large rooms with kitchenettes with everything you need and good value for money. Be aware there is a $20 per day charge for valet parking and Internetand the internet speed is slow. You'll need the valet parking as the car park is usually full but you don't have to wait long for the car. Somewhat annoying that the only adult time in the pool is from 10-11 pm and the bar closed at 9 pm on a week night, not that you would want to sit there for long with the sound of air hockey being played on the mezzanine level above you.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband found us a suite on hotels.com Friday (4/3) afternoon. We decided on this place because of the activities they had for children (we have an almost 2 year old an and almost 4 your old). We booked 2 nights with the hopes that it wouldn't be disappointing. WE WEREN'T!

Check-In: We arrived at 6:30 pm-ish (glad I checked the weekend forecast and packed a winter items for me and the babies bcus it was FAH-REEZING!).

Room: Our room (426A) was the perfect amount of space for me and my brew. It was clean and didn't have any unusual smell (isn't that the worse? You check in and your room stinks?). The bathtub is HUGE...Heck! Now that I'm looking at it (we're still here...we check out tomorrow),the bathroom is quite large. The rooms must have been upgraded because everything looks fairly new (fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher, sink. I should add an -ette to the end of all these words because they are small).

The Resort: We spent Saturday morning at the resort in the activities room (hey! when you have kidlings, fun revolves around there version of fun...unless grandma comes along which in this case, she didn't). The activities room is very clean and the staff is very accommodating. My older son painted and my younger son...well, he I'm not sure if was showing off his domesticated male side or trying to give 'ole mom a hint. He decided the place needed to be vacuumed and toy-vacuumed that place from wall to wall. He then went into the kitchen area (kid version) and started putting pots on the stove and putting plates in the microwave and hitting the buttons, etc. He was serious. I couldn't help but wonder if he was trying to let me know I need to vacuum and cook more often...hmm...anyways, I digress.

We left the resort at noon to eat and drive around, it was a beautiful day. We ate at the Red Hut Cafe across the street. It was a nice surprise to see how close this resort was to a lot of things. After a brief drive around Tahoe,we were planning to spend time at the indoor pool. By then, the boys were sleep so we returned to our room and spend the early afternoon hours napping.

We took advantage of the family movie night and spent the remainder of the evening playing games in our room.

I recommend this resort if you're vacationing with children.

Annoyance: The only annoyance we had was at check-in. It took about an hour and a half to get checked-in because they couldn't find our reservation. We provided our e-mail confirmation as proof so eventually someone found it or they gave up and issued us a room.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Visalia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015 via mobile

We received a promo package that gave us three days and two nights free at this resort. Obviously, we had to attend a sales promotion to buy a timeshare. I must say that it was probably one of the most professional promo's we've sat through. In fact, it was even interesting even though we did not buy.

As for the facility we thought it was very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice, clean, and nicely decorated. We enjoyed our time here very much.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

Big hotel near the lake and close to Heavenly mountain with free shuttle service. I normally wouldn't stay in such a large resort, but great for families who need more space, activities, full kitchen, etc.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

Used our timeshare to stay 1 week here at the resort. We had a 1 bedroom apartment. Bed was comfy, kitchen & dining & loungeroom were great. Travelling from Australia it was a good quality room that we enjoyed. Unfortunately there was no snow, but then that allowed us to drive around the Lake, enjoy the sights & visit other places close by. Went to Truckee.. Carson City... and Virginia City. All wonderful to experience.
Resort is close to town. There is an I-Hop just down the road & we love our breakfast there! We didnt have any dramas about timeshares sales which was great! Loved our stay. Enjoyed dinner at the Bear Moon Bar & Grill, the menu is limited but the food was good. Would love to stay again & next time - with lots of snow!!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!