My brothers and I stayed here for a couple of days, and we had a great time!
Yes, there is still construction going on, but we knew that going in. We ended up getting a 2-bedroom unit. This was actually 2 separate living areas with access to both quarters from a main hallway entrance. Let me explain better: When you use your key card to enter the rooms from the hallway, you find yourself in a small vestibule room. On one side is the door leading to one room; you still need a key card to enter this room. This room had 2 beds, its own bathroom and a kitchenette. From the vestibule you also have access to the other room (key card required), which is the main component of the 2-bedroom suite. This area is comprised of a full kitchen, living room, bathroom, and a king-size bed. It also had a nice balcony.
Part of the “hassle” of staying at this resort is that it is a timeshare property. Believe me, the mission of the staff, along with making your stay as comfortable as possible, is to get you to buy. Hey, I understand: it’s a business and they are going to sell, sell, sell. As when dealing with any salesperson, if you are not interested, immediately say, “No, Thank you,” in a confident, firm voice and move on. They will not physically stop you. As long as you did not sign up for a tour, you’re not obligated to do anything. If you were lured in by the freebies and did commit yourself to enduring a tour, then you must grin and bear the sales pitch.
This place is right next to the marina, so if you are interested in going for a ride on the Tahoe Queen paddlewheel ship, or renting some jet skis or other water craft, you can walk there right from your room.
The shops at Heavenly Village are also only a mile away, making it an easy 20 minute stroll if you do not wish to drive around town.
Check-out time of 10 AM is pretty early, so be ready for that (I had asked the previous day for a later time and obtained an 11 AM check-out. The key is to ask in advance, and not the morning of your departure).
PS: There is a $20 resort/parking fee PER NIGHT (unless you are a timeshare owner)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort puts you amid the setting for the vacation of a lifetime. Come each season, you will find different scenery, not to mention a variety of different seasonal activities. It's hard to imagine anything could beat the views and variety you get when you plan your visit to beautiful South Lake Tahoe, California. This is an area built around the reason for the breathtaking panorama, Lake Tahoe, America's largest Alpine lake. From sight to touch, you will revel in the wonders of the sapphire-blue water of the lake, perfectly situated right at the base of the stunning, snow-capped mountain peaks of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Hotel Lake Tahoe (California)
- Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort CA