“Update time” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   901 Ski Run Blvd, CA 96150   |
The Colony
“Update time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We did our usual ski trip to Tahoe in February of 2013. We own at LTVR and knew that the resort is under remodel. I requested a remodeled room on the 5th floor, we did get a remodel on the 4th facing the lake. Biggest Surprise: Upon walking to front desk was immediately greeted. This has never happened. We were early, Girl at front desk was great (I can't find my note with her name), she assigned me a room, then for the inconvenience of room not ready, gave us a bottle of wine. We then went to lunch and grocery shopping - only to receive a call that our room was ready. EARLY. First time ever. Very Happy. The changes to the staff and customer experience are all good. New rooms: More counter space - not much but more, took out the storage by the back door, bummer, used it as our bar. Tile and cabinets updated look and color, although the closet was still the same old stain - no change - strange it did not get updated. They also removed the coat hooks and robe hooks from the living room and bedroom - these need to be put back. Also need to have a door stop if you use both sides of the unit. We never heard the construction. Although it was going on in the center section of the resort. Note: The pool and hot tub will be closed for refurb beginning Oct '13 into next Spring. I was never assaulted by the Time Share Staff. We did not do an owner Update. Parking was free for us (owners- note if not an owner can get pricey) must valet, they did an adequate job considering the number of cars they had to park and retrieve from across the street, earned their tips. New furniture, not that comfy, sort of office esque. Can we get some more comfy chairs please. All in all a good trip.

Room Tip: Quieter high up, forest view and lake view good, also center section above 3rd floor. Avoid rooms...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MichaelPena, General Manager at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your very good review on our resort here on tripadvisor. I want you to know that your feedback is very important to us and will help us navigate through the vacation experience for all who walk through our doors. Our goal is for a perfect experience while you are on vacation.

I am happy to read that your experience with our team members was a great one. My team and I work for you (the guest) and will continue to strive the deliver a great experience.

Yes, the pool and fitness center will be closed from October 2013 through July 2014, as we enter into our final renovation stage.

In reading your portions on the review on the unit please know that our living room closets have been re-designed with additional shelving for storage. Also, the niche cabinet is coming back to our rooms along with the coat hooks in the living room and master bedroom. We did not want to delay the opening of the new units so we are going back and adding them. It is our guest voice that we listen to all around and address it. I appreciate your feedback.

I thank you for your business with us and look forward to your quick return.

Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Turkish first
Visalia, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted immediately by the valet staff. We checked in with the front desk and were in our room in less than 10min.
The remodel is great. We had the smallest, most basic room and it was beautiful. Kitchen had everything, including a fridge, microwave, coffeepot, range, and all the needed cookware. Very nice linens and room amenities, although the iPhone clock radio volume didn't work.
The pool, which was heated, was both inside and outside with two hot tubs. All were clean, if not a little over done with chlorine. There were fire pits and several new and very nice BBQ Grills for folks to use.
The staff was nice, always pleasant and very curious.
I'm not exactly positive about this, but I am almost certain I could smell cinnamon while walking throughout the resort, very nice touch.
Now this place is a time share resort, so if you are not a owner/member, as we are, they are going to try and convince you to attend a 90min seminar. If you're not interested, tell 'em "Nope, Thanks anyway!" but if you have an hour and a half to kill, they give you 2 free nights and $75 Visa Card just for attending, even if you're already a owner/member.

All-in-all, we'll be back. Maybe next time in the winter for the snow activities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction. Ours was, and we slept in perfectly.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MichaelPena, General Manager at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your excellent review here on tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you had an excellent stay and review on our resort.

We are working our hardest and will not stop. Our paramount goal is to ensure that all who walk through our doors have the best possible vacation experience.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your quick return.

Street, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Refurbished suites are excellent with more than adequate high quality furnishings, fittings and equipment. Plenty of space for storage, clothes and living in these suites, which made a perfect venue for meeting up with our family. We used the kids club and the pool a lot. We used the bar a bit, including its patio which made a super spot for a sunny read of the book and a tea/coffee. Most staff (and the workmen) seemed very courteous and helpful. Avoid the timeshare pep-talk, though!
Evidence of the major works is everywhere, but when in our suites or in the bar, you couldnt tell. Location overlooking the Blue Lake is wonderful. We ate in town or self-catered, thus cannot comment on the restaurant.
When the refurb is completed, this would warrant an Excellent overall rating.

Room Tip: If unrefurbished room is offered, try to get a refurbished one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MichaelPena, General Manager at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your review on your stay with us here at the Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort. We understand that our guests are on vacation and we have big expectations to fulfill. Coupled with a mega renovation you have my personal commitment that we will work on all parameters to meet your expectations and meet our renovation completion deadline.

It looks like you had a great time and enjoyed the resort and local area. My personal thank you to your for making your reservation months in advance to secure your Lake View unit. With only 16 lake view units it is tough to fulfill all requests. However, we will always look our hardest to ensure we get you the best unit in the house.

My team and I are committed to ensuring you have the best possible vacation experience.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay with us. See you soon.

Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We checked in to the resort when we finally got someone to get our car, we checked in, went to OUR room only to find people living there. Went back to desk, Got another room, WAIT Lady there is not out yet. She finally leaves, we are going to settle in when the bell hop shows up with our bags, FOL LOWED BE 2 WOMEN WHO RENTED THIS ROOM!!! Total bull shi# No wifi in rooms, $16 a day for parking EVEN THOUGH WE OWN HERE!!!! We will NEVER stay here at all, not on a bet....

Room Tip: stay at another location, rooms are on the small side, no wifi, $16 a day parking, wrong rooms! At...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MichaelPena, General Manager at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us at our resort. Please accept my apologies for the events during your stay with us. You are correct and we completely understand. We have had some new hire team members working on our desk and with anything new this was clearly a mistake. We have corrected the issue with our team by communicating the importance of following our check in process as we train on.

I am sorry to hear that you will not be back to our resort even though you own here with us. If there is anything I can do to assist you in changing your mind please do not hesitate to contact me. You do pay a yearly maintenance fee that covers your parking fee if you are using your deeded week. The daily parking fee of $16.00 is for non-members and cars over the free amount for Club Members and Traditional Owners using their Use Time. The parking fee does apply to owners when they use bonus time. This was accepted in the terms and conditions when owners purchased since day one of their ownership. The Wi-Fi situation is free to Loyalty Members and we have 3 free kiosks in our business center ready for you to use.

I thank you for your business and ownership with us at the resort. I wish you all the best on your travels. Being that you are owners with us we hope to see you back soon as you are paying a yearly maintenance fee and you should consider using it.

Deal, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Be warned, the hotel is being extended this summer, so the car park is now a building site. Work starts at 8.0 am so no laying in bed if your room is anywhere near it. Only valet parking & so you have to pay & tip to get the car parked. No free WiFi. Our room was not cleaned during our 2 night stay, apparently the norm, but we were not told that until we checked out. Our room was fine, very nice large bathroom, small kitchenette. Most of this hotel is time share, so if you are not in that group one feels like second class guests.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your time in writing this review and sharing with all on trip advisor. Yes, you are correct when you say we are in construction. We have a full interior and exterior renovation that is underway and expected to finish in late 2014.

Guests that stay with us for four days or more will receive a mid week tidy service. We are very fortunate for all who walk through our doors. You will always be treated with world class service while staying at our resort.

I am confident that your next stay with us will exceed your expectations with us. I thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

LTVR is one of our home resorts with Diamond so we visit often. Great location. The Lake is beautiful. The resort is next to the Marina and walking distance to shopping and restaurants. The rooms are always clean and in order. The master bath is large and has a very nice jetted tub. They have been remodeling for a couple of years and still aren't finished. So, valet parking is mandatory, unless you want to park in the garage across the street, and walk a ways. Valet is free for owners and guests of owners, otherwise they charge $16/day. Tahoe can be very expensive, so we take advantage of the full kitchen in the one or two bedroom units. If you haven't been to Tahoe, I would suggest going on the Tahoe Queen to Emerald Bay. My husband recommends Lake Tahoe Sport Fishing tours at the Marina. $100 for half day fishing trips. There is also a very nice Yacht called The Blue Wave that goes to Emerald Bay and serves a nice lunch or dinner. If you can handle going to a time-share presentation, you can get free tickets to most of what the Marina has to offer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelPena, General Manager at Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your very good review on our resort. We do appreciate your feedback with us and know that you staying with us during the renovation is an important time. I am happy to read you had a good stay.

Yes, our renovation is not completed yet and scheduled to be completed in late 2014. We are getting a new resort when all said and done and will continue to be an icon to the local area and marina.

Parking is free for the first vehicle IF you are a LTVR owner using your deeded week with us here, or using your Club DRI points. We do not have mandatory valet here at the resort, my apologies for any confusion. We have a daily parking fee of $16.00 per night for guests not using their LTVR Deeded week or DRI Club Points. You can valet or self park across the street at out garage. When you arrive just let us know which service you want and we will take good care of you.

The sales tour is a wonderful meeting to hear about all the great things going on with Diamond Resorts. So many good things are happening with DRI and we want you to be a part of it.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next stay with us. See you back soon.

Carmichael, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I live only 1.5 hours away from this beautiful lake. We used to come up often during the winter, but lately have found much more to do during the summer. Though there are many places to stay, this place is one of 3 we search for when booking. Its right on the water, less than a block away from a great breakfast, lunch, and dinner places, and while the views are non-existent, we love the interior rooms. We love to go down to the bar, grab a drink and walk upstairs and play pool. Its a quiet area, with a big screen t.v., and many areas to have that quiet drink. Every evening, we take a jacuzzi to relax, and go back upstairs and put the gas fireplace on. So romantic, we recommend this place to all family and friends. This place is much more than a hotel, and the furnishings and atmosphere are beautifully rustic and high end. To fully enjoy this place: 1. Don't listen to the people selling timeshares. The presentation is boring, and the sales staff is pushy and rude. NEVER DO IT. 2. Don't expect a Lake Tahoe view. With that said, we always have a nice time.

Room Tip: Book early, ask for everything and expect nothing. PS. Happy, smiling people get more than others in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your time in writing this review on your recent stay with us at our resort. I want to personally thank you for your continued business with us and repeat visits to our resort. As we continuously work on improving our guests experience I want you to know that each time you return it will be better.

We have 16 units that actually have a Lake View. That would be 8 one bedroom standards and 8 studio standards. These get booked approximately one year in advance due to the owners and guests that want to make sure they get one. I would recommend that if you want a lake view book at least 10 to 12 months in advance. Lake view requests are based on availability.

Know that all of our units are in great condition as we continuously work on upgrading them through our renovation and also undergo a heavy inspection process to maintain their high level of quality.

I am glad to hear that you always have a nice time with us and rest assured you always will. We look forward to your next stay with us. See you back soon.

Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort

Been to Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!