“Excellent vacation resort..a solid 4 star.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort to your Saves list
Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   901 Ski Run Blvd, CA 96150   |
Beaumont, Canada
“Excellent vacation resort..a solid 4 star.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My family of three loved our stay for 1 week at the vacation resort in Lake Tahoe. No timeshare sales pitch, no one bothered us. We were there to ski everyday and the hotel was great. Eat at the hotel the chef is awesome, loved, loved, loved his cooking. indoor/outdoor pool nice. Crossing the border to gamble at the casinos at night was fun. great location. If we go back we will definitely stay there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Turkish first
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We just returned from a 2 night stay at the Resort. Overall it was very nice. I really liked having the mini kitchen in our studio suite and the beds were comfortable. I was aware of the high pressure sales pitch while checking in and just skipped it all together. The indoor/outdoor pool was warm, a bit crowded and extremely clorinated, but the kids had a great time. Bring your goggles! You have to pay for Valet parking which was not unreasonable ($16 per night). All the valets were extremely nice. The location is great, you can walk to several dinning options. I would go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
S.F.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012 via mobile

I booked the resort through Diamond International timeshares for 900 points for a Friday check-in and left on Sunday. I got a deluxe studio in the 'new' section of the resort. They have been renovating for years. The studio was very nice and modern. It was equipped with a flat screen TV, a queen bed, a modern bathroom, desk and sofa. It also has a microwave, 2 oven top burners, a coffee maker w/ coffee, a toaster, sink, pots and pans, mini fridge and glassware. All you would need for one or two people. Since I'm an owner it was without the usual pressure of a 90 minute sales pitch on the timeshare. It snowed a lot which made the stay even more enjoyable. The parking lot was closed due to construction so the upside was free valet parking...what a treat!

• Stayed March 2012
Lakeside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We just stayed a week at this resort, and have stayed at 3 other resorts in Tahoe besides this one in the past. I traded a (1) bedroom for this (1) bedroom, however this (1) bedroom was nothing more than a nice hotel room. There were (2) queen size beds so one bed went un-used. There wasn't a living room, just a bedroom with a kitchenette just off the bathroom. When I say kitchenette, I mean a small refrigerator, a microwave, a coffee maker, a toaster, a can opener and a tiny sink. That's it! No couches, no tables, no stove to cook on. It was SMALL...

The worst part - there IS NO PARKING at this resort. You MUST pay $16 a night for their valet parking. They tell you at the check-in counter that the valet parking is not an option. They say they will refund your valet parking if you can find somewhere else to park. Good luck with that. There are businesses across from the resort with parking in front of them. They all have signs that say your car will be towed if you are not a customer. So you take a chance parking there overnight. There is a bar downstairs and a restaurant if you want to buy all your meals. So BRING MONEY!

You will get a high pressure sales pitch to hear their presentation. I've stayed at much better places than this with no sales pitch, so I won't be going here again.

Room Tip: There is a new wing being built at this resort. Don' know when it will be done, but you might tr...
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

As everyone does, I read the reviews and had a mixed impression of this resort. But, having traveled and stayed in many timeshare locations, including two others in Lake Tahoe, I learned to separate the personal preferences and opinions form actual facts that reflect the negatives or the positives of the resort. There are some things that cannot be changed and have nothing to do with the resort (beach, street, weather), but people still add these. There are some things that are legitimate and should be reviewed.
So, one negative to mention right away - $16 per day for parking. No way around it, unless you're an owner. You can valet or self park, but costs the same. The self park is in a garage across the street on the roof, and valet is there too, but on the first floor. We opted for valet on heavy snow days so we can get the car out, other days we parked it ourselves. Another negative that is not permanent - the hotel is doing renovations. That being said - unless someone told you upfront (like I just did), you won't notice. The room we had faced the parking lot where they kept all the trailers, equipment, etc, and we didn't hear any noise or any regular construction nuisances. The snow plows made more noise...Now, to the positive about this resort, which in my opinion was everything else. The first word that comes to mind is "comfortable". If you don't expect Ritz Carlton, you won't be disappointed. I liked the homey atmosphere, fireplaces, cozy bar area in the lobby. The rooms are set up a little different - two rooms that share one entrance from the hallway. There is the main door leading to a small entry hall with two doors to each room. If you get only one room, your key won't work for the other room, don't worry. I liked that set up, especially after realizing I did not hear housekeeping, lake arrivals and kids in the hall early (or late), as you do in regular hotels...We had the smaller of the two rooms, two queen bed hotel type room, which had a small kitchenette. I heard there are other hotel-type rooms with one bed and bigger kitchen. Not sure how they assign the rooms. I was pretty happy, for my husband and I it was big enough, the kitchen was ok. We brought our own hot plate and were able to cook food other than in a microwave. The fridge was small and you'd need to make several trips to the store since you can't keep too much in it. There was a toaster and dishes, so there are options.
The resort itself has all the basics - pool, hot tubs, sauna. The pool is half inside, half out. Makes for a real interesting experience when it's snowing. There is outdoor hot tub as well as indoor. There is a small gym, activities for kids, restaurant (not cheap) and small shop. There is a grill outside for summer times; it was all covered in snow when we were here.
The area itself is very central, some shops and restaurants within walking distance, the lake is right there too, with the tour cruise boats right next door. There is Raley's and Safeway nearby for real food, and a shuttle to Heavenly (I heard, didn't use). Overall, I felt the resort meet all the needs and expectations of a couple on a ski vacation. We own and been to many timeshares, didn't fell bad saying no to the sales pitch attempts and were not bothered after the first try. It was a nice trip and we didn't feel bad having to spend a few days in when the snow storm blew in. Still had things to do or just relax. So enjoy your time here and create your own impressions from experience.

Room Tip: ask for a newer room if you're in need of a bigger kitchen when it comes to studios.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012 via mobile

The suite is shear luxury. Central location. Beautifully decorated.

Livonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

We have had a timeshare here since 1999 and have visited here every year since then. It is a nice resort with large spacious units. The condos have 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, a small kitchen and a kitchenette in the second bedroom. The master bedroom has a king bed, the other bedroom has 2 double beds and the couch in the living room is a pull out. The master bath has a tub with jets. The kitchen isn't large, but it has pretty much everything you would need. We only cook breakfast in, but it has everything we need for that. The units are nicely furnished and they are very spacious. The resort has a restaurant, bar, pool, hot tub, and gym.

The location is great. It is right at the lake, next door to Riva Grill, which I highly recommend for happy hour. It is close to Heavenly, if you want to ski there, we don't. It is about a mile to the casinos, and less than that to the shopping/restaurants at the Heavenly gondola.

Some things that could be considered negatives...

Internet isn't free. I happen to have at&t at home, so I could get it for free, but still had issues connecting, which was a hassle. The maid only comes once a week, which is ok for us, but others may expect more frequent service. Parking is $16 a day if you aren't an owner. We don't have to pay, but I still dislike the fact that you have to valet, because if you forget something in the car after skiing and are walking to dinner, you either live without it or have to bother the valet to bring your car around. The last thing is that this is a timeshare, so there is some amount of pressure to go on a tour, at least there was for us, perhaps because we are already owners there. We were approached immediately after check in and then received daily calls. We have been on the tour in past years and aren't interested, but can't seem to avoid the pressure.

Overall, the positives far outweigh the negatives and I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort? Share your experiences!