“My favorite day in South Lake Tahoe” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Hi! Let's go wine tasting! In slightly over an hour from your south shore hotel you will see spectacular sights in hosted SUVs, courtesy wine tastings at the popular wineries, a light delicious lunch,and fun, fun, fun! Call us today!
Hinsdale, Illinois, United States
13 attraction reviews
“My favorite day in South Lake Tahoe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great day spent with my girlfriends. John was a fantastic tour guide. And we tasted some wonderful wine (and purchased!). John packed it up for us and we no problems checking it at the airport. I would rate these El Dorado wineries as pleasant as welcoming as the wineries I have visited in Sonoma County. And the wines were just as delicious. John selected a great spot for lunch (included in the price) and five great wineries. I couldn't have been happier with the value and experience of Wine Tours from Tahoe. Be sure to fit this trip in when you visit South lake tahoe!

Visited May 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Amazing wine tour!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My one request for my 30th birthday was to visit wine country on our trip to Lake Tahoe. What a wonderful experience! John picked my husband and I up from our hotel for a private tour. He stopped by a gorgeous view of the lake on the way to the vineyards and gave us information about the wines we would be tasting. John is very down to earth and knowledgable. He knew the perfect balance of when to step in as a tour guide and when to take a step back and let my husband and I enjoy our conversation. While at the vineyards, he answered our questions about the wines and winemaking process. He has a great relationship with the winemakers and staff at the vineyards which made us feel very welcome. We ate a delicious lunch and felt like John was family by the end of the day. Lots of laughter, wine, food and fun! John went above and beyond to make us have a wonderful day!! If we ever go back to Lake Tahoe, we will look him up and buy him a glass of wine!

Visited May 2013
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
“best wine tour ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We organised this trip from Australia on the recommendation of this site. What a treat, John filled us in on the history of all of the grapes we were able to taste on the drive to the Eldorado area. All wineries had several quality wines we wished we could buy to bring home. Overall we had a fantastic day out seeing the area and being informed on this beautiful region and would recommend this and yes there is a lot of eating drinking and laughing

Visited April 2013
Sylacauga, Alabama
24 attraction reviews
“Not Napa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We visited the Camino area of El Dorado, and what a great surprise. It's not Napa, and that's a good thing. John picked us up at our hotel, gave us some local info on the drive over, and told us about the region. Besides knowing the area, he is also very knowledgeable about wine in general. We drank, we ate, and we laughed all day. If you want a tour with a personal touch, call John. He, nor the area, is pretentious, and that's a good thing.

Visited April 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
“Fabulous Wine Tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We took our ski group on this excellent wine tour. Even our non-wine drinkers enjoyed the plentiful samplings and the gorgeous white capped mountain scenery.
Vickie and John provided excellent personalized service. We enjoyed a nice lunch in a vineyard restaurant and visted several wineries with high quality wines. My husband and I have been on other wine tours. This was one of the bests! Don't miss it.

Lucy