“slice of heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaia Retreat & Spa

and 1 more site!
You added Gaia Retreat & Spa to your Saves list
Gaia Retreat & Spa
4.5 of 5 Spa   |   933 Fernleigh Rd, Brooklet, New South Wales 2479, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
Sydney
“slice of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

On the recommendation of a friend who had recently spent a few days at Gaia, my partner and i decided to check it out for a much needed break. I can't recall a more relaxing, indulgent and totally blissful weekend. I'm so pleased we chose Gaia.

The one thing above all else was the incredible feeling of calm I felt as soon as I arrived on the property. It's almost magical. From the moment we stepped out of the car after driving from the Gold Coast airport till a few days later when we reluctantly left, that serenity didn't leave us.

Accommodations were tasteful and had an earthiness that totally suited the location and the staff and service, professional yet personable and friendly. The food was one of the highlights and I really appreciated having the choice to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner. Although i'm now addicted to the delicious array of teas that are constantly on offer along with great snacks.

We indulged in massages and treatments, lazed by the pool, played tennis and took walks and were surprised at the end of the 3 days that we hadn't even ventured away from the property. We both had the most wonderful weekend and felt totally pampered and looked after. We'll be back!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Los Angeles, CA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

The food, the accomodations, the service were all fantastic. It was exactly what I thought it would be. So restful and relaxing. The environment was a perfect way to unwind and reconnect with myself.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

I have noew been to Gaia twice and every time I never want to leave

The minute you walk in its like you have been transported to a whole new world

It is so tranquil, the loaction, landscaping, fountains and the birds

Im am so used to days seeming to go by so fast I dont know what happened

At Gaia every day seemed to extend from one blissful moment to the next

The cute cabins, the incredibly friendly, smiling and non invasive staff, the food is divine and the spa - could not get me out of there !!!!

It was the most relaxing time - 3 days felt like a week which is what every vacation shouyld feel like

Take me back !!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

I recently spent 5 nights at Gaia Retreat and Spa with my partner and I can definitely say that it lives up to read all of the reviews I have and heard in the countless number of magazines and TV shows that it has been featured in!

There was not one fault with the overall experience so I will just list what I found impacted me the most and made this such an unforgettable experience for us both.

1. Service/Staff were second to none. Any one of the numerous amount of staff that you ran into would bend over backwards to make our stay nothing short of perfect and hassle free. From picking up our bags to organizing any external day trips or even a mid afternoon snack that was simply to die for. Nothing was every too hard for any of the staff!

2. The treatments and spa were undoubtedly the best I have been too and even though you may pay a little extra, it is worth every cent. The abundance of treatments you can choose from together with the nurturing nature of the staff made sure that we were back day after day!

3. The food prepared for us was not only some of the freshest I have ever tasted, it was also never predictable. Each guest is requested to fill out a form and asked what he or she may or may not want to eat over the stay. And for anyone who thought there would be no red meat, there is an option for that as well!

4. The huge selection of activities that were available for us to do meant that whenever we wanted to try something different an organized activity was never too far away. From yoga to bush walks or even a simple session at the brand new fitness facility. What made it even more special was that nothing was ever forced upon us and the choice was always ours depending on how we felt at that time.

Over all it was an amazing experience and upon checking out and returning back to Sydney we have never felt so invigorated and relaxed not only in such a short period of time but also no where that was just a one hour flight from Sydney. I would recommend this to everyone and anyone without even a second thought!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

Brilliant!
I spent 6 nights at Gaia and returned home yesterday a new person. The purpose of my trip was to kick start my life again and de-stress, mission accomplished.
It is not a cheap holiday, but the 5 star service provided actually makes it value for money. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff in both the Resort and the Spa. ALL the staff refer to you by name all the time and are always checking if you are OK or if you need anything else. An absolutely beautiful setting with a lot of activities on offer.
After dinner every night you get a card with the following days activities (which is personalised depending on what you have booked in at the Spa or otherwise). There is no pressure to do the activites if you don't want to, but I would highly recommend doing as much as possible because they are all either great fun, or very relaxing. Yoga every morning was a great way to start the day!
I had a few treatments in the Spa which were included in my package (and a couple more extras!) which were great. They are a little more expensive than in my home town, but I expected that anyway. Another review here said that they didn't provide robes after treatments? I didn't have this problem. All the change rooms have ample clean robes in them for you to wear back to your room, then you just leave them on the bathroom floor and the cleaners take them away.
The food is 5 star and you are never hungry. It's all apprently local organic produce and you can really taste the difference.
All up, it was a great holiday and I plan to do this once a year.
Kerrie Beveridge, Adelaide

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I spent four days here in mid-March and it was very relaxing. The setting is beautiful on top of a lush green hill. You must check out the view from the yoga room right up the top.

The food is amazing - freshly cooked organic food. Huge breakfast, light lunch and three course dinner. Even though it is a health retreat you could request wine and coffee. The kitchen staff were so friendly and would cook up amazing snacks if you were still hungry.

The rooms are fairly small but nicely furnished. They are not cutting edge 5 star quality but are nice relaxing cabins with all you need.

The spa treatments are a little on the pricey side but very relaxing and good quality.

Overall it is a very relaxing place with friendly staff that are always willing to bend over backwards to accommodate special requests.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

I went to Gaia as a birthday present for my boyfriend and to escape Sydney and have a relaxing 3 nights away, for what I believed we would be treated like guests in (what was meant to be a 5 five star) spa and retreat. For $1,660 a person for three nights you would expect 5 star treatment... The following incidents occurred and were things that should not occur at a place that costs this much, and that advertises to be a place of refuge from the bustle of city life:

1: They did not collect out baggage from our room on departure, even though they had staff present to fulfill this duty for guests.

2: On arrival we had to wait an hour and half over check in time of 2 pm simply because some other inconsiderate guests had not checked out on time. Even though there were other rooms available, that were not as expensive, we were not offered these to freshen up we were made to stay in the lobby and wait.. Not a very nice introduction.

3: The activities they offer such as sculpture, which is advertised as an activity that is included- They fail to mention that the sculptures you make cost $90 each to be fired... An extortionate amount for clay to be fired in a kiln.
2: The chef apparently injured his hand on the first night, and despite the fact that the retreat maintains to offer a delectable buffet and hot breakfast on order every morning, and ample time to get in another chef, no hot breakfast was available the following morning assuming this was due to an injured chef ( our first morning there).

3: the following EVENING dessert was repeated from the previous night, a flourless chocolate cake that had subsequently dried out, I'm not sure the explanation for this but maybe the chef was still injured and they had not bothered to replace him yet.

4: Massages are not cheap here, yet they did not provide us with the standard robes and slippers prior to or following the massage.. It is not pleasant putting on your clothes straight after a massage when you are covered in oil and is not a very relaxing way to end the massage.

Overall, I would not recommend anyone to go here. It not what you expect and was a disappointing experience.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!