“Personalised Paradise - you wont find better!” 5 of 5 stars

Gaia Retreat & Spa
933 Fernleigh Rd, Brooklet, New South Wales 2479, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Brooklet
Melbourne, Australia
“Personalised Paradise - you wont find better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you are after a small, peaceful and beautiful spa retreat that allows you to rejuvenate, relax and renew... then I cannot recommend Gaia more highly. The food is absolutely divine! The 25 acre property is beautiful and so peaceful. And the spa treatments are so very very good!! (The best massage I have ever had - The Ka Huna.) All the staff are lovely and just make your stay so personal and enjoyable. The best thing about Gaia was the mix of time spent alone and time enjoying the company of others - a perfect mix to provide time to rejuvenate, relax and renew. Activities are optional which is great, as it allowed me to go with my mood and energy. But I can highly recommend the Yoga each morning as a lovely way to start the day. I adored my stay of 4 nights and are already planning a return visit, as many guests do.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Having arrived feeling a little ruffled ,the staff at Gaia wove their magic and within a short period time, I was transferred to the most magical place . The views take your breath away , the rooms warm and peaceful with no tv which I considered to be a bonus which all added to the peace and tranquility of this amazing place. The food was fabulous and the activities varied with a good balance enabling you to do as many or as little as you liked. I was a little dubious of going alone but the staff treat you like a long lost friend, never being intrusive though always willing to offer a kind word or a helping hand. I spoke to a variety of staff who all said , it was an amazing place to work , that showed in every aspect of Gaia. The treatments were Pure Bliss ( I actually bought my daughter back for a day treatment 2 weeks later) My only complaint was that I didnt stay longer and that Olivia wasn't there! ( an old fan)
Next year I hope to come back for longer but will a longer trip be long enough ? I don't think so !
Lou Harrison - Paddington - QLD

Room Tip: I stayed in no 4 Layana room which was good , close to the spa and close to Kukura House Next time...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

After spending five glorious nights at Gaia, where do I begin in describing this amazing experience?

The views are breathtaking. The rooms are tastefully decorated promoting optimum rest. The day spa is exceptional with numerous treatments from world class therapists. And Kukura House: the central hub of Gaia is such an inviting room to mix with fellow guests, or just curl up on a comfortable couch reading a book. Everything is just beautiful.

However, what sets Gaia above other resorts are the PEOPLE. The staff are the heart of Gaia. They treat every guest as an individual, addressing one's differing needs with such compassion. The therapists' intuitively know one's concerns and direct the treatments according; reflecting the personalised approach to care.
Everybody from the reception staff, kitchen staff and waiting staff were faultless and always addressed you by your name; again reflecting the personal approach in this boutique resort.

There was no pressure to partake in the extra activities - comprising of daily yoga and 1-2 additional activities daily (which is more than enough to fit in around one's day spa schedule).
The food is amazing; full of variety and flavours and very accommodating to dietary requirements.
The vegetarian option was delicious and I felt like I was dining in a five star restaurant every night!

After five nights I left with a new outlook on life. I had time out to reflect and just be me in a beautiful setting. My needs had been addressed by the talented therapists'- all in a safe and supportive environment. I learnt so much about listening and looking after my whole being : Physically, Emotionally and Spiritually that I will continue to nurture.

Gaia is a very special place with very special people.
Thank you Gregg and your wonderful team, you are all amazing and I cannot thank you enough for everything.
See you soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Gold Coast Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Its a lovely property though small - great views and lovely spaces to relax. The food was very good (especially breakfast )though having no choice at all at lunch/dinner was not reflective of the price paid. Some choice would be good. Wine is available but is extra where some others include a glass of wine at no extra cost. The accommodation, while simple, is nice and the overall attention to detail is good. Staff are very good, in particular the dining staff who are exceptionally warm and welcoming. The spa treatments are very good as are most spas in this area. The pool area is a bit disappointing and not very large and the spa is quite basic overall. I would probably return if there were more activities ( just one a day plus morning yoga ) and more information/learning about health and wellness at home. No information was given really at any point so while I returned home relaxed I didn't really learn anything. Some of the others seem to provide more learning and experiences where I felt a bit left to my own devices overall and for the price, probably expected a little more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Gaia's location is enough; with it's gorgeous gardens and property that alone takes the headspace to somewhere fabulous already. Add to that the most welcoming and warm staff who make sure you are looked after superbly. They get the balance right between personable and non-intrusive. I have been lucky to stay in some wonderful places in Aus and o/s and Gaia's staff really make it a special experience from start to finish.
Then there's the terrific, healthy and delicious food; every day a new & wonderful surprise.
And that's right, it is a spa! Such skilled practitioners, professional and caring - this stands above any other spa experience for me. Real effort is made to ensure the treatments over the stay are complimentary to each other and just right for the individual.
Plenty of facilities and activities that you can choose to use and join in with, or not.
I spent 5 wonderful and relaxing days, 4 nights and genuinely loved every aspect.

That's why for me, it was more than a retreat and spa but a complete experience.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have recently had the experience of staying 4 nights at this beautiful location. From the moment I arrived I felt at peace and welcomed like a member of the Gaia family. The staff were all wonderful providing first-class service. The abundance of delicious organic food was quite amazing, the Chef always more than happy to offer alternative menu choices. The Kakura House where everyone could meet and dine together was a lovely way to meet and chat to other guests and also where you could catch up on your email if you really had to. I stayed in the Sura Terraces which were well-appointed, I was impressed with the room size, providing television, air conditioning and a big bath. I arrived in the pouring rain and my room was lovely, warm and inviting with a large king bed and beautiful aromas filling the space. I enjoyed laying on the day bed on the balcony when the sun came out. The beautiful surroundings and activities provided were exceptional. Spa and Treatments provided were out of this world. I had an Ayurvedic and Lymphatic Drainage, both of which I would recommend with Kyle and Angelika their magical hands and nourishing, nurturing massage was exactly what I needed. Overall, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs to get away from everything and be treated with respect, no judgement and warmth. This was life-changing for me and I cannot thank Greg and all who work at Gaia for their wonderful service. I will be back.

Room Tip: If you want something specific in a room ie television, bath, just ask them upon booking. They are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed 4 nights and loved every chilled out minute of it. The staff are warm and welcoming. The food is amazing. The spa is first class, can't imagine going wrong at that spa, really top notch practitioners. The surrounds are idyllic and if you can't turn off and relax here, you probably can't do it anywhere!

P.s re: last review. I saw the owners dog once very briefly and he is gorgeous, wish he was allowed to hang around!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!