“A relaxing stay” 5 of 5 stars

933 Fernleigh Rd, Brooklet, New South Wales 2479, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brooklet
“A relaxing stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Gaia was everything that we expected and more. Comfortable rooms, fabulous food, friendly staff, gorgeous surroundings, great treatments and activities. We stayed for two nights, and would definitely stay for three the next time we visit. We loved that you could do everything or nothing. The group activities were there if you wanted to participate, but they were not compulsory. The food was fresh and delicious and servings were generous. And the wine options were excellent too. We're coffee fans and while plunger coffee was available on request, we found great coffee at the Harvest Cafe in Newrybar just down the road. The facilities such as the spa and fitness centre were clean and well equipped. The grounds and the views were breathtaking. All in all a great stay for those who want a healthy and relaxing time away.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Just returned from a divine week at Gaia. The accommodation is comfortable and beautifully appointed. Yoga every morning conducted by well qualified, caring teachers followed by the best breakfast on the deck in the sun while I contemplate the treatments I am to enjoy that day. What a way to start a magical day! And this perfect day finished with a three course evening meal, a glass of superb organic rose', a chat with fascinating guests and snuggling down into my comfortable bed with a pot of herbal tea to sip and a good book to read from the Gaia library at 9.30 pm. Perfect!

The accommodation is great, the common areas are welcoming, the food is first class, the treatments are given by some of the best therapists I have experienced anywhere in the world. And the amazing people who make up the Gaia team are all sensational. I don't believe I have ever had the joy of meeting people so dedicated, professional, proactive, thoughtful and caring. The values of Gaia are imbued in the people who make up the Gaia team.

I will definitely be back and I highly recommend Gaia.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

With a big relaxing sigh, this is the retreat, that truly lives up to its reputation. We only spent two nights and I SO wish it was longer, but we still reaped the benefits of this stunning retreat. It is beautiful, relaxed, five star yet unpretentious . The service and welcoming from the staff is A+. The food is superb. Any dietary requirements are accommodated, without making you feel imposing - a breath of fresh air. The spa centre and treatments are beautiful - I felt 5 years younger after each one! The daily activities are diverse and you can't miss the morning yoga sessions. I couldn't fault it and will definitely be back again. Thank you Gaia for a much needed rejuvenation - my husband is very happy with his new relaxed, refreshed wife.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Terrigal, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

What an amazing place, so peaceful, nurturing and healing. After a 5 night stay at Gaia I felt completely renewed with a zest for life and a inner calmness. The food is five star - every meal was fantastic and accomodating to all diatary needs eg: gluten, dairy and sugar free.
The staff make you feel as if you are part of the family and any request is met with a no problem attitude. Therapists are very experienced and exeptional healers.
Will retreat to Gaia again whenever the "real world" is getting too hectic for me!
Ann-Maree R

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a TV or a bath so make sure you request one if you can't live without it! My...
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My second visit- can't believe I waited 3.5 years, was every bit as good as the first. This place is the ultimate in providing the self nurturing experience we often forget to provide for ourselves. The therapists are all true healers, the total experience is heaven on earth. The food, the decor, the service, the spa, the total experience is bliss!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

You cannot begin to expect what Gaia has in store for you until you get there. From the moment their driver picked me up from the Ballina airport, I felt so cared for by every staff member and each of them exuded such grace and kindness throughout every moment of my stay. My only regret is staying for just 2 days, as I could have easily settled in for a full week. The meals and the service were absolutely impeccable. Wholesome, organic, full of flavour and incredibly satisfying in a 5 star dining presentation. The morning yoga classes with Danielle reminded me of the true beauty of a practice and she brought a wealth of love, warmth, and knowledge to the class in a way that openly encompassed all levels. The day spa is a more than a treat. All of the therapists and staff are so careful to make sure your every need is tended and that you experience the highest level of relaxation possible. They pay close attention to the smallest of details and you'll want to do at least 5 treatments during your stay. Their menu is full of every kind of pampering you could imagine. The check in and check out with reception was also a wonderful experience. In fact, rather than approaching a desk, you are gently taken to a comfortable seated area full of pillows and warm colours, where a member of staff brings you tea and fresh fruit, then beamingly takes you through the details of your stay and the facility. Some of the nicest moments were simply the ones where I sat and read in the Kukura House, listening to the vast nature unfolding outside (the grounds are absolutely breathtaking!) with a blanket and some tea, breathing in the delightful scent of the room. I have not one bad thing to say about this truly wonderful place. In a matter of 2 days, I found an utter sense of gentle calmness that I hadn't had in months. It reminded me how to relax, how to take care of myself, and most importantly, to breathe. Thank you Gaia for an exquisite weekend.

Room Tip: The Layana rooms are all so calm, warm and cozy. There will be times you won't want to leave the...
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I'm not sure why I've left it so long between visits!! This is one of the very special places I have been to in the world that is almost on my doorstep. I love that I can go somewhere and treat myself without feeling any expectation of what I 'should" be doing. It is a very special retreat - fabulous food; exceptional spa staff and experiences; exotic and humble, relaxed facilities. I LOVE IT and encourage others to indulge in the experience. Great way to have time with dear friends when time and geography limit opportunites to be together. Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful break from a cold, busy city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Gaia Retreat & Spa? Share your experiences!