“Great food, great atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Auckland
“Great food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We went here when I was visiting Havelock North and it was a great surprise. The place was extremely busy (at it was a Tuesday night), so we sat and ate at the bar. I had the pork ribs and the soft beef taco. Both were great and the service was speedy. The prices were very reasonable. I would definitely go back on my next visit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Napier, New Zealand
“Don't miss the guacamole!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Hawke's Bay and I have been here about ten times.
The staff are wonderful and helpful, also very good up-sellers (yes I will have another cocktail please!) The owner is very involved with the till, bringing out meals, and talking to all the customers which i really value.
The meals are excellent and very affordable, which is what Mexican should be.
I LOVE the decorations and all the cute little touches like water in tequila bottles.

My only negative would be that this restaurant appears TOO popular: so much so that every time we come, we have to wait at least 20 minutes for a seat. I would suggest taking bookings as that could help streamline your customers and prevent disappointment. At the moment they don't take bookings which I don't really think is that good. If not I think you guys need to expand: create more room such as making an upstairs part or extending things out the back a bit for more seating! Business must be booming!

All in all a wonderful family restaurant which is really buzzing :)

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great dinner - arrive early”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We got there at 5.40 on a Friday night and were seated straight away. After about 6 there were a couple of larger groups who had to wait, but they were kept pretty happy at the bar. Our drinks and meals were quick and very good. Nice range of margaritas and Mexican beers. The pulled pork taco was nice, and the kids quesadillas were huge - 1 between 2 kids would have done for us. We had a great time.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“TooOOOOoo fast !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have been few times in Mamacita. The atmosphere is cosy with a nice decor. The food is good and affordable. However it can feel a bit too tight depending where you are sitting - and dont accept the table just next to the door ! - Also, the menu, is great to share but unfortunately is coming too fast. You haven't finish the first dish that they bring the second. It is a shame as it is a great place otherwise.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hawkes Bay
“New & Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

We have been twice now to the new place in town and it is just brilliant. Fast and efficient service. Great menu with delicious dishes to share. A great way to dine. The dips are wonderful served with the best corn chips ever. The fried chicken is amazing. The pulled pork soft taco OMG!! The drinks are pretty good too, nice margaritas. If you have not been yet....go, you'll love it. Go early to get a table or if you have to wait it will be worth it. Enjoy.

Visited May 2014