“LIKE STAYING WITH FRIENDS” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Riverside Lodge

Old Riverside Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Musquodoboit Harbour
Old Riverside Lodge
98 Riverside Avenue, Musquodoboit Harbour, Nova Scotia B0J 2L0, Canada   |
Halifax, Canada
“LIKE STAYING WITH FRIENDS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have to apologise to Al and Connie for not writing sooner, I'd like to say that it was just life that got in the way; but in reality I think I was secretly hoping to keep this gem all to myself. I was a guest of Al and Connie in November of 2011. My friend and I went to Musquodoboit for a craft trip and although we both live close enough to drive to our homes, we stayed at The Old Riverside Lodge. Between the warm welcome, the great conversation, the yummy cookies Connie made, our turn down service, great breakfast (amazing coffee!) and even a hug when we left it was wonderful. Comfortable beds and rooms, immaculate rooms and bathrooms. It was like staying with old friends in their beautiful country home with a beautiful view. If I could give 6 stars I would. We WILL be back this year (in just a few months).
Old Riverside Lodge should be a destination, not a stop along the way.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Milton, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We recently spent two nights at the Old Riverside Lodge. It was a fantastic B&B and a great base for exploring the beach and the Halifax area. The hosts, Alf and Connie, couldn't have been nicer and had great suggestions for restaurants and things to see and do. The property was beautiful and the breakfast excellent. We travelled with our two young sons and we stayed in the dormer room which accomodated the four of us comfortably. We would definitely recommend this B&B and hope to come back again in a few years.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Galloway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

Innkeepers Connie and Alf Ellis have created a superbly decorated and comfortable bed and breakfast in the small town of Musquodoboit Harbour. You will find your hosts to be gracious and engaging, the breakfasts to be delicious, and the setting guaranteed to relax you after a long day of touring.

We stayed two nights at the end of a 14 day tour of Nova Scotia and found this property to be a superb BnB. Make your reservation with confidence whether you are exploring the coastline or looking for a place within comfortable driving distance of Halifax.

Room Tip: The River Room has great views of the river
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

This review is long overdue, but better late than never! I stayed at the Old Riverside Lodge last summer at the end of a wonderful trip around Nova Scotia with my parents and husband. We were particularly impressed by the wonderful hospitality displayed by Connie and Alf at this lovely B&B. We were unfortunate to be caught by a cyclone the day after we arrived, but any inconvenience this had on our sight seeing plans was more than offset by our wonderful hosts who shared a delicious home cooked dinner with us and entertained with stories from their past life in northern Canada. Old Riverside Lodge is a beautifully restored historic home situated in a lovely setting next to the water. Don't miss it!

• Stayed August 2009
Halifax
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

I came here on a short notice recommendation from Musquodoboit VIC and I'm glad I did! Al and Connie have an absolutely beautiful house with huge spacious rooms, I was very happy in the river view room! This is another B&B I will try to visit next year with my son, it is too wonderful of a place not to return to!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

This bed and breakfast is an absolute gem! The hosts are wonderful. They made us feel at ease and very comfortable. The setting is absolutely gorgeous! It overlooks a river. The home itself is 150 years old and decorated beautifully! I wish we had found this bed and breakfast sooner. If I ever return to the area, I will definitely be staying at the Old Riverside Lodge!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Old Riverside Lodge? Share your experiences!