“Mint Surf's Riad Imourane dirty damp and dangerous” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 attractions in Taghazout
Type: Surf Camps
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Refreshing surf holidays in Morocco. Plan an unforgettable Moroccan surf adventure with Mint Surf, tailored to your needs. Surf camp, independent holidays, surfing lessons, board hire, for all levels.
Dhahran, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
“Mint Surf's Riad Imourane dirty damp and dangerous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I booked my family on Mint Surf’s surf camp. When we arrived we were picked up not in Mint Surf’s smart minibus from the website as expected but in a beat up old taxi. There was not enough room for us so we had to squeeze 4 abreast across the back seat without seatbelts. The taxi had no internal lights and little suspension. I’m surprised we made it to our accommodation.
Mint Surf use Riad Imourane. On arrival we were met by Courtney from Mint Surf and shown to our room. She explained there had been a damp problem in an adjoining room. Consequently our room was damp and musty smelling. The sheets were damp and stained and I found pubic hair in the double bed. I found Courtney and asked for a change of sheets. She was helpful as she could be but found difficulty with the Riad staff admitting that the staff member she was dealing with was a [--] idiot (her words). Later she brought us some more sheets but these were no better.
We slept in the clothes we’d travelled in. During the night I reached for the light switch and accidently touched the electric plug socket and received an electrical shock (a plug socket should not be live externally).
In the morning I went down to check out breakfast and found that a member of the Riad staff uses it as a sleeping area. The Riad is generally in a poor state of repair and unclean, and in my opinion as an ex holiday rep would not pass standards set by any UK holiday company.
We had had enough, so made alternate arrangements, and left… I cannot comment on any other part of Mint Surf’s surf camp.

Visited April 2013
Mint S, Owner at Mint Surf Morocco, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Sorry we weren't able to meet your expectations in the short time you were with us. We do take complaints seriously and work hard to resolve any problems with the Riad and its staff...sorry I lost my cool! Potential guests can take comfort in the fact that all the bathrooms have been refurbished this summer, and that room specifically has been completely redone to fix the damp and electrical problems. Though the classic Mercedes taxis here in Morocco might not appeal to some, the passenger’s seat is always available for passengers (so fits 4 comfortably). We do want to give our guests a real Moroccan experience, but, ummm, not too real, if you know what I mean.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Morock n Roll - Best Surf Camp Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The best decision was booking with Mint Surf!!

After deciding we needed to spend a dedicated week to master the art of surfing my husband and I booked with Mint Surf. We researched various surf camps but the reviews for Mint Surf swung it for us. Courtney made the whole booking process a breeze and even held dates for us to ensure we could make the flights work.

We arrived in Agadir and was collected by a driver who swung via the hypermarket so we could get some beers, we were a little apprehensive about leaving all our luggage with him in the car however everything was fine!! Given the same driver took us back to the airport a week later it is clear they use trusted people and we never felt uneasy at any point.

The whole experience was amazing. We got lucky and met some of the most amazing people and had the best time we could have imagined. Within a week we felt as if we had all travelled together as a group of friends rather than met only a few days earlier! As everything is so relaxed and care free, you just have to concentrate on surfing and having fun.

The beaches are varied in terms of their appearance but they are all sandy and safe for surfing, particularly given that beginners are only exposed to beaches and waves which are safe and suitable for their ability. At no stage do you ever feel unsafe, and Moncef has a way of explaining everything so clearly that you always know what you should be doing and where you are going wrong! As long as you listen and keep trying you are certain to be up and surfing in no time!

We could not have asked for a better week away on the surf in Morocco and we cannot thank Courtney and Moncef and the other staff enough for their hospitality and making this a week we’ll never forget!

If you have “learn to surf” on your bucket list make sure it’s with MINT SURF!!

Top Tips:
Call for beers on-route to the Riad
Don’t get too much cash out – its impossible to spend
Don't forget to keep applying the sunscreen
Experience the Hamam
Take some rehydration sachets – if you get sunstroke/stomach bug you will need to keep hydrated!

Thanks Mint Surf!!!!

Visited March 2013
“The Perfect place To Surf In Marocco!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Mint Surf was The right choice!
Great week of surfing with great people and The Best instructors!
Will come Back again!

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Awesome week delivered by Mint Surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

MS delivered on every level, they (under the guiding package) advised us on which breaks would be working well that day and the best tide to surf it on. This was invaluable as it was the first time we'd surfed Morocco and as such needed local knowledge. They also showed us entry and exit points which for places like Boilers is a must. As a result we scored some great waves when often the conditions at other spots meant they weren't working. It was no problem to check and surf multiple spots through the day and due to the location of the Riad we pulled four 6:30am surfs at Banana point and Devils Rock (only a 10min walk).

The food at lunch and dinner was very very good and with a few small shops a 30sec walk away we were never hungry. The accommodation was perfect, with comfy beds and hot showers everyday no matter what time. The benefit of Mint Surf (apart from the above and being one of the cheapest options) is that their en-suite rooms are for 1 or 2 persons so you don’t have to share with a bunch of randoms. The pool and sun terrace were an added bonus.

The staff and in particular Courtney, Monsaff and Nabil were great all the way through and even did a beer run to Agadir as you can’t buy it locally. Although we didn’t spend much time with the guys/girls on the learner/coaching package they all said they improved massively in a week with some going from never surfing to surfing clean faces.

All in all I can’t fault MS and will be going back next year.

San Francisco, California
“Great surf, great people, great time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had a great experience at mint, I came for three weeks and ended up staying for a month and a half I felt so at home. I found mint by chance on the Internet and am glad that I did. They helped to make my trip a memorable one. I did the independent surfer package but they were always there to offer they're local knowledge on swell and winds as well as directions and any good advice that could be given. The ryad was super nice and offered great food as well as a chance to make some new friends . i also rented one of their apartments on hash point for a week. Epic view and right on the beach! Awesome experience.I'll b back for sure

Visited January 2013