“Money charged for non-stay when motel inaccessible due to roadworks” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Something Special Bed & Breakfast

Something Special Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kaleden
Something Special Bed & Breakfast
You added Something Special Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
866 Hwy 3A at Twin Lakes | Site 25c, C7, RR1, Kaleden, British Columbia V0H 1K0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Kaleden B&B and Inns
Anghiari (AR)
“Money charged for non-stay when motel inaccessible due to roadworks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

This motel looked like a building site when we arrived to find it and accessed up a steep road, As we had arrived for a wedding in Keremeos, we were astonished to find that the owner had not told us that massive road works were taking place that would impede our access to the motel from Keremeos. The road was actually closed both ways for one hour several times a day. As a result, we could not come and go to the wedding events. I explained this to the owner who nevertheless, charged my credit card which I had given her on booking, without consulting me. We are outraged by this. In addition, when we eventually got to the motel up accessed up a fairly steep road, after waiting over an hour for the road works, we were horrified to find that the place looked like a dump with old furniture scattered around in front. We fled immediately only to wait another hour and a half to return to Keremeos as the road was again closed!!! A disaster B+B --please remove it from all B+B of British Columbia listings.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
samver82, Owner at Something Special Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
It's unfortunate that this booking didn't telephone me after she arrived in Canada from Europe. I always suggest that a guest call me when they are within an hours drive of my B&B so that I might give further instructions, or in this case, updates of times of road closures. Although I had no control of closures, I might have given the latest pattern of times 'open and closed'
The phone call never came. She didn't call to cancel either.

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Penticton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

A very nice place and great hospitality. Enjoyed taking many photos of the hummingbirds!

Room Tip: Two suites available, both different themes