“Eagle Heights certainly left us sooooooaring!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Eynsford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Eagle Heights certainly left us sooooooaring!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Not one to be put off by a bit of grim weather, my partner and I visited Eagle Heights (in the rain) on Friday 23rd May 2014.

The centre itself is off the beaten track, so be sure to actually follow your sat-nav! You have to travel through a couple of lovely little villagey-types on the way too, which is always nice.

I'm pretty sure that this attraction is nowhere near well-publicised enough. We visited in half term and there was only a handful of other visitors!

Upon arrival, there is an ample car park and enough space for probably 40-ish cars - we were up-and-about before the attraction opened, so I guess on a busy day, it would serve you well to arrive early. Down a little pathways and through to the shop/cafe/reception, passing an array of patrons on the way (my bird knowledge is minimal, but they were quite big un's!) before paying our £9.00 entrance fee. I do believe that if you have a look around (Groupon/Woucher/Amazon Local) there are quite a few 'money off' vouchers out there - but be warned, these are not usually valid on bank holidays or during the kids' six-weeks' either!

Open till 5.00pm in the summer months and 4.00pm in the winter, you will definitely be able to take in anything of interest if you allow yourself a couple of hours to mooch casually around. DO NOT MISS THE FLYING DISPLAYS staged at a couple of times during each day. We were treated to [and I quote] "some of the best flying ever seen..." by the female eagle, who swooped and swooshed past us with gusto and back onto the arms of the handlers. Seeing these birds at such a close range, is truly spectacular. The handler's (two young-ish guys who are really well learned and provide some great comedy moments too) even allowed the male and female eagles to stay out and have a fly around once the show was over!

The selection of birds of prey is vast and there are some real characters to see. There's also the added bonus of a reptile house and a 80+ year-old tortoise roaming around in its own vast enclosure, plus a family of meercats and a playground for the kids.

All-in-all, £9.00 well spent and we would definitely spread the word about Eagle Heights to our bird-loving friends.

ENJOY!

17 attraction reviews
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Visited eagle heights and saw a wide array of birds, owls, eagles, vultures...you name it...there was a display of Eagles and how to capture prey, swooping down as well as the cheetah run,....really enjoyed it...awesome place

Visited July 2013
Folkestone
“Needs investment!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I first visited Eagle Heights approximately 14 years ago when my son was young and again last year. I visited 2 weeks ago with a young man I support as a carer. Although the bird flying displays are still very good, the place itself could definitely do with some investment. Everything looks a little tired and a bit run down. It's a shame as watching the birds fly is really enjoyable but the rest of it is quite poor. visiting with a Groupon voucher is a good deal. The admission price is not expensive but that is probably reflected in the facilities etc.

Adelaide, Australia
23 attraction reviews
“Such a fun day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I visiting Eagle Heights in the hope that I'd spend a couple of hours meeting some owls and eagles, and ended up spending and entire day there, falling in love with so many different birds and their incredible personalities. Stay for both of the shows, and visit all of the animals in between. I have a newfound appreciation of birds of prey, and an unexpected love of vultures. If I could've smuggle Bernard the vulture home with me, I would have!

Visited April 2014
whitstable, united kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Eagle Heights should be thought of as a work in progress rather than a slick visitor centre. Although it is starting to look a bit run down, really the draw is the birds and animals.

There was no Cheetah this time and there were only two Meerkats.

There was a great birds of prey demonstration, with knowledgeable, interested staff who also added a bit of humour to the proceedings. The flying display was close-up and spectacular. You actually feel as if those massive wing-spanned eagles are wild, flying free across the valley just behind the Eagle Heights site. The keepers clearly have a very close relationship with the birds, and a real passion and love for them. Moreover, they communicate that, as well as all the fascinating facts.

The cafe is OK with a home made vibe, very nice cake.