“Great birthday suprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Sittingbourne, England, United Kingdom
“Great birthday suprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Visited Eagle Heights and under took the owl experience which was a gift from my boyfriend. Not only were the staff great and friendly, the experience itself was incredible. Getting close to the animals, feeding and hugging them was something im not going to forget any time soon. The staff in particular made the day that extra bit special by helping my boyfriend set up a few suprises for me throughout the day.

I really cant rate this place highly enough :)

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
“Birds of Prey Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My girlfriend, my brother and I were bought this experience for xmas and we only just around to booking it a few months ago. Alex, our guide, was exceptionally knowledgable and his passion for the birds rubbed off on all of us. He took the experience to another level.

The room where we met the first three birds was a little cold but bearable. It fell completely to the wayside though when you come face-to-face with the birds themselves. Again, Alex was great and he was able to answer any question we through at him. It really was amazing to hold such a deadly and beautiful predator. The birds all had their own character and seeing them up close and spending time with them was fantastic.

The food was good and much welcome and the afternoon walk was great, in no small part down to the nice weather! The two Harris Hawks were great value for money. I'd wholeheartedly recommend this experience!

Dover, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
“Great bird displays, but seems a little run down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We went with a Groupon offer at £20 for a family of 4. On arrival you walk around the aviaries and see some great birds of prey. Once you leave the building and venture outside you are greated by a fairly large childrens play area as you head round to the display area. We had 20 minutes before the display so had a wander to see the other animals. The Cheetas were good, but the poor camel looked bored senseless. The site looks in need of a face lift.
The bird display was great. It lasted a good 45 minutes and is up close and personal. The following display wasn't for another 2 hours and there wasn't enough else to do to wait that long. As this was November it was cold and the play area wasn't an ideal choice. Maybe in the summer you could drag it out with a picnic.

London
“Sanctuary not a theme park. Your entrance fee goes towards conservation and rescue.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Had a great day out at Eagle Heights today! It is set in the middle of beautiful countryside with amazing views. The animals of course were stunning and as for the keepers; you really felt the love they have for the animals in their care. The bird displays were up close and personal and the staff tried their utmost to make sure the birds got close to as many spectators as possible. The reptiles were lovely, the giant turtle amazing and the cheetahs majestic. We even got to pet some huskies. We spent a good four hours there (12-4pm).

We were lucky to grab some nice weather now in Nov, but it did start to rain a bit later. Instead of cancelling the bird show like other places would, they decided they would hold the show in the lecture theater instead. Very friendly staff!

I just want to address a few of the negative comments that others are giving to the place:

Firstly: The decor. Is the place in need of a lick of paint on the inside? Yes. Is the car park a bit on the rough side? Yes. Is the site map a bit baffling? Yes. But in response to this I am shocked that people are saying not to go for this reason. Surely this is exactly the reason why we should recommend people go?! This center is a sanctuary for birds that have been mistreated and abandoned (any of you who have seen the displays know some of the sad stories surrounding the animals there), they promote education and conservation, they care about the birds, breeding endangered species, rehabilitating problematic birds that even normal zoos want to put down. Where should they put their money? Into food and health costs for the animals or to make the place nice and shiny for us? I wish more of the people who noticed cracked paint etc would instead of talking people out of going tell them to please visit! More visitors means they have a larger budget to put in all the extra sparkle people are asking for. Right now the animals come first not the chipped paint on the walls.

Secondly: The costs. So yes actually the gift shop/canteen is priced a bit too high for my usual expenditures (I think toasted sandwiches were £3), but we decided to buy a cake anyway as the money would be going towards the upkeep of the birds. I bought a piece of millionaire's shortbread for £2.50 and it was actually the best I have ever tasted! (Kudos to the baker!) So yes. Worth it for me in the end! :)

All in all I think people need to realise that this center was never made to be a theme park spectacular. It is a conservation center relying on entry fees and donations to aid their efforts while they do their best to give you a unique experience in return.

Chatham, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
“A mixed review!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

This is the most difficult review to write because potentially this is a fantastic place but the presentation of the place lets itself down. However, the bird display is amazing! The map we were given was barely legible which meant we nearly missed the whole section through the other side of the gift shop. The reptile house seems to have been good in the past perhaps but not been maintained although there were some interesting creatures in there. A little fake forest soundtrack would have made it appealing too. The bird display area needed perhaps some shingle underfoot to make it more of a spectator's area and it was very uneven. The big cat was out filming so we missed him that day but there were still plenty of animals to see. I have to say I was a little distressed at seeing the huskies whose cages did not look comfortable in size and they were all whining. The meerkats hid! I've never been anywhere where they've not been standing up on the rocks! Although their enclosure looked a mess so perhaps they were embarrassed to have visitors! You could also not get anywhere near the goats. I have to say all the enclosures looked like they had been cobbled together in someone's back garden. My children are a little older so the play area for them was good although a few more grip bars would have made it safer. The toddler area needs a complete makeover. To sum up, we had bought groupons plus I had 2 free entries so I can't complain at the cost but if I'd paid full price, I would have felt cheated. Length of visit - just under 2 hours.

Visited September 2013