“Great find in Eynsford” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Eynsford B&B and Inns
Kent, England
“Great find in Eynsford”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had a great evening meal here. Customer service was top notch from start to finish. Decor lovely; a cool, calm, New England feel. Particularly loved the background music, candles and fresh flowers on the tables. Comfy armchairs available for customers just enjoying a drink. Impressed that the proprietors were keen for feedback ( good or bad) so they could continually improve. Will return and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We stayed here last night, the place looks great inside and has excellent friendly helpful staff. The rooms were lovely and the decor is great. The food, both evening meal and breakfast were fab, plenty to choose from. Will be returning, if not just to work our way through the wonderful menu!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here last night as my 'regular' hotel in this area was fully booked.

I loved the decor very cosy, stylish and homely. I found the owners and staff (all family!) to be really very friendly and accommodating.

I arrived late (about 9pm) and was still offered the full menu to choose from. I ate mussels in a delicious sauce, served with chunks of scrumptious white bread (for mopping up the sauce!) and the most wonderful home cooked chunky chips I've ever eaten!!! A really good choice of wine too!

Before I went up to my beautifully decorated bedroom I booked my breakfast for 7.30. Lots of breakfast choice ... Full English looked great ... I chose cereal and yoghurt.

I even got to pet the family Shetland Pony before going to work! What a super start to my day!

Will stay here now as my regular hotel for all local business trips.

Looking forward to my next visit!

Thanks to Gordon and his lovely family for making my 'business' stay so nice! Refreshing change!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 4 at the front. Double bed and single bed. Gorgeous rainfall shower over the bath...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We found this place by accident on Sunday. Stopped in for a drink and something to eat with 3 dogs and was very warmly welcomed. We had shared 2 platter starters which were delicious and very fresh. Followed these with 2 ploughmans. All the food was fresh, tasty, well presented and most enjoyable. The Whitstable Bay lager was very refreshing. Very friendly team who made us and other people feel most welcome. A lovely little hidden garden out the back with guinea pigs and a shetland pony. It was great to be asked our opinion on the developing patio and garden area as it made us feel valued as customers. I would and already have highly recommended The Castle and we will returning 100%.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

Popped in for lunch and a pint with a couple of mates and we were all suitably impressed!Friendly staff nice beer and delicious food, certainly kept three grumpy old gits more than happy!Look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Was shown into room, to find that there was hardly any loo roll, one of the three light bulbs in the ceiling fitting was working and the radiator did not work and room was cold. Told the guy behind the bar who said that they were short staffed and were having to done things themselves. these problems were then fixed.....but they should have been checked before I arrived! Then....there was a party going on in the pub's function room underneath the hotel rooms that went on until 1.30am and then the scraping of chairs/tables started until 2am...needless to say didnt get any sleep until 2am. Then in the morning, the shower tray did not empty and was threatening to flood the floor...therefore my girl friend could not finish her shower etc. Spoke to the owner/manager morning who's attitude was beyond belief.....he said the party was a one off...it was business...and denied there was any furniture moving....incredibly he said it was not really a hotel but a pub.... Its a shame as they have obviously spent money on the place but the disorganisation and attitude is staggering! Book at your peril and hope there is no party going on as you wont sleep a wink until it is over.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I usually stay in Dartford when busy in the area but no room at the inn!
Bit of a problem as didn't have the car with me.
Had to use taxis to/from accommodation.
Searched on-line for small place to stay - much preferred to large hotels.
So pleased to find The Castle Hotel.
Lovely, large comfortable rooms with country inn decor.
Choice of items for breakfast and good conversation with widely travelled and interesting hosts.
Think some reviewers on TA confuse homely accommodation and friendly hosts with the sometimes lackadaisical employed staff of hotel chains.
I like to feel I am staying with friends - and I did.
Owners of small establishments do not deliberately try to give bad service.
There is too much at stake.
Give me the relaxed comfort of 'home from home' every time!
Thank you Sharon and Gordon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!