“Overpriced and overrated” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 85 Restaurants in Whitehorse
Whitehorse, Canada
“Overpriced and overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I used to frequent the chocolate claim but have been disappointed the last few times I have gone.
The pricey sandwiches have gone down in terms of quality and even the stale day old sandwiches are 10$.
It's kitty corner to where I work so in a crunch I'll swing by hoping for a decent sandwich and a coffee but I've been let down lately, I'll take the extra few steps around the block and go to the Java Connection from now on.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Whitehorse, Canada
“VERY OVERPRICED for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is a decent coffee-shop/bakery. Their chocolate cakes are great, but very pricey. I recently bought 6 hand made chocolates and they were $19. I couldn't believe it, and they didn't have an actual box to put them in. The server put them in a little bag which crushed one of the chocolates. Everything is good here, but too expensive in my opinion. The biggest issue to me is the service. Not friendly, and I feel like they are doing me a favour to take my money and serve me.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kelowna, Canada
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Awesome little cafe, off the beaten path even for Whitehorse. Had a great chicken and asiago sammy and an even better raspberry and rhubarb square. Highly recommend for anyone looking for a good, quick lunch.

Visited September 2013
Tucson, Arizona
“Gluten free tasty options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely lunch with a friend on the outside patio. The soups were nicely spiced and the salad was fantastic. We met after lunch hour and were able to enjoy a leisurely lunch with no lines or feeling that our table was needed. Oh, it also helps that it is located next door to my new favorite Whitehorse ladies store Sequels. A little shopping was in order after lunch:)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Trendy and tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Surrounded by art from local artists, you can have a gourmet coffee and enjoy a soup and sandwich on the patio or inside. This is a busy little spot so prepare to stand in line for a few moments at peak times and decide what to order. Price wise, you get what you pay for - my daughter and I had a coffee, she had the soup and I had a sandwich for about $22. The food is excellent and fresh but it's not cheap.

• Visited July 2013