“Fun and well staffed” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 35 Activities in Whitehorse
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Up North Adventures is an award winning adventure travel outfitter based in downtown Whitehorse, Yukon. We have been helping people from all over the world experience one of the most unique places on Earth since 1991! Our complete selection of trips and tours are designed to help you experience and enjoy the Yukon year round.
San Francisco, California
5 attraction reviews
“Fun and well staffed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked a half day adventure from Northern Tales, which they provided. The staff and the owners were all lovely and very aware both of their visitors and their responsibilities for safety. I wouldn't hesitate to take more of their adventures if I had more time, but the "taste of" half day adventure really gave you a feeling for what you might want to do more of. We loved the dogsledding, and if we return, would definitely take at least a half day of that. They have plenty of gear to keep you warm and comfortable which is important in that climate. Earned every star!

Visited December 2012

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Spectacular Snowmobiling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had a fantastic day our snowmobiling with Up North Adventures. The cold-weather gear provided kept us warm as temperatures plumetted to -40 degrees C out on the mountain. Our guide Andre stopped often to check we weren't too cold and to point out animal tracks in the snow. We also stopped at some great viewing points to take photos.
A really fun day out - highly recommended!

Visited December 2012
Whitehorse, Canada
12 attraction reviews
“Kayaking on Chadburn Lake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I live in Whitehorse so I forget there are lakes within the city limits. Being over 60 and retired I decided to learn to Kayak. This is very easy to do since we have at least two very good outfitters in town and the cost is modest. If you get to the Yukon in June there are lots of freebies, including try out days for Canoes and Kayaks. Then there are also guided tours, self guided tours and rentals. You don't need to know much about these water sports since the guides are very helpful and friendly. I decided to take lessons which was a four hour evening joint to Chadburn lake, only ten minutes away from down town. It was challenging for me, since I am older and stout, but I was proud to find I was not the last back to the dock at the end of the evening, I was third last. But I was the only person to fall in - twice. Next weekend I go on a family fun day guided river tour from down town Whitehorse to the Takhini River bridge with the other outfitters - the Kanoe People - another excellent company.

Visited June 2012