“Wonderful food - terrible service” 4 of 5 stars

867-393-2047
Website
Improve this listing
Whitehorse, Canada
“Wonderful food - terrible service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My friends and I were lunching at Fusions on Friday April 11/14 at my suggestion.
The decor is amazing. the food wonderful but the one and only waitress was loud, rude and unprofessional.
When we asked for more coffee she said she was too busy to get it - "I should have noticed that she was crazy busy". When we said a few of us needed forks we were left for at least five minutes with our food in front of us and no forks. I went searching myself and found what we needed in the
area in front of the kitchen.
When we were paying our bills a lady from the kitchen came to talk to the waitress and she talked to her in a very insulting way - the kitchen person was clearly embarrassed. When she left the waitress said she was just sick and tired of people not doing as they are told.
I have worked in the service industry and I eat our a great deal but I have never seen such a display of everything that you do not do when serving the public.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Piopio, New Zealand
“Yummy Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Vegetables! Rice! Colour! I ate here two nights I stayed in the hotel. I do not do fast food and found that Fusion ticked all the boxes for good food. It was!

Visited January 2014
Whitehorse, Canada
“Perfect birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for a nice laid back birthday dinner and were so pleasently surprised.

I had been here about a year ago and remember it being good but this time I was blown away.

We ordered the Papa Roll and Yukon roll as appetizers (maybe a bit excessive but birthdays only come once a year) and both were delicious.
We had the Yaki Soba and Bibimbog(?) for meals and both were delicious.
For all of our delicious food and a couple of drinks it was less than $70 - much better than any of the expensive and over rated restaurants in town in my opinion.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
whitehorse
“Great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I went there for lunch and quite enjoyed it. The food was plentiful and served hot and the presentation is just wonderful. I love those stone bowls. Each of my companions all had a different meal and we all agreed the flavours were very good. The server was nice and polite and took our orders promptly. The restaurant has had a make-over since the last time I visited and it is looking much improved. I will definitely choose to go here again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We went here on a whim as we were staying at the attached hotel. We were not sure what to expect as the lounge was pretty dirty (dust on floors). It looks as though they have recently done some renovations and not quite cleaned afterward. We do not eat a lot of Asian cuisine so we were not even sure what to order. We finally settled on the Korean BBQ Beef and chicken.
Service was fast and fresh and very appealing. All dishes were authentic and very tasty with huge portions.
I was very impressed with the restaurant overall and highly recommend anyone eat there.
A little cleaner and cheaper and they would have hit it out of the park.

• Visited July 2013