I've give this an "average" rating, but only when compared to southern Canada standards. I suspect this is one of Whitehorse's better hotels.
A shower stall, no tub. Newer carpet. Small room - oops, cozy - but included a kitchenette. A large bar fridge, 2 burners, a microwave, toaster, sink, and some dishes/utensils.
Great view of mountains. Convenient location - just 2 blocks to the Yukon river, a historic steamship, and a walking trail. Perhaps 5 blocks to "downtown".
Restaurants onsite were convenient. There's a room with 1 computer - free internet access (24 hrs). A fitness room was better than I expected. You can get a pass to a fitness centre, but's across town. Free airport shuttle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make the High Country Inn the centre of your Yukon adventure. Recent renovations including over $1 million spent on updated guest rooms, kitchen, parking and fitness facilities make the High Country the first choice for visitors to the Yukon. Complimentary wireless internet, two restaurants, and a quiet yet convenient location ensure that you have all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Coast High Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- High Country Hotel Whitehorse
- Country Inn Whitehorse
- Whitehorse Country Inn
- Coast High Country Inn Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada